Top 10 Must-See Places
- Visit Santiago de Cuba. The second most populous city in the country, and once the capital, Santiago is a hotbed of people at any time of day. If you’ve heard that people in Cuba are carefree, the people in Santiago are the perfect example of that. It is unforgivable not to try Santiago rum (they make it right there) and you have to go dancing at the Casa de la Trova.
- Visit the tobacco plantations in Pinar del Río. El Habano is a cultural ambassador of the island. In the westernmost part of the country, tobacco growers preserve a centennial tradition that gives the tobacco a peculiar aroma, admired by smokers from all over the world.
- Go skydiving. The main skydiving site on the island is located in Matanzas, in the International Skydiving Center of Varadero, where interested customers can do tandem jumps. "You get hooked by the explosion of adrenaline,” say the pilots, who constantly defy the danger and launch from heights that some consider impossible to reach.
- Climb Turquino peak. The highest mountain in Cuba. This expedition is ideal to do it with friends, to enjoy the natural beauty of the landscape together. It is a somewhat extreme physical experience, so you may have to give it all you’ve got to reach the top.
- Taste food from Baracoa. Those who venture to visit Baracoa will see get to see a different perspective the island, where the imposing Farola road, with its cliffs and sharp curves, shows that the end of this road is really only the beginning of a journey to a corner of the world preserved by time. This ocean town has some of the most distinct food in the country, with dishes based on coconut milk and cocoa.
- Paragliding in Jibacoa (Mayabeque). These jumps more straightforward because you don’t need to go up in an airplane. However, the heights you reach on a tandem flight are definitely selfie-worthy (don’t forget to ask the pilot to take a picture).
- Go to Latinoamericano. Cuban baseball may have been more popular in the past on the island, but, without a doubt, it remains an iconic aspect of the nation. "El Latino", as Cubans call it, is the home of fans in the capital. Here you can see passion materialize.
- Ziplining in Viñales. One of the best-preserved natural areas in the country and ideal for ecotourism. Thanks to the zipline you can fly over the unique natural landscapes of Cuba.
- Visit Trinidad. A city stopped in time, and at the same time, forced into the future by the constant coming and going of visitors. This is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island. Finding a bar or a restaurant with live music here is never a problem. Raise a glass to your health and the fact that you're on vacation.
We are here to help
Hola! Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re over 50 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.