Top 10 Excursions
- Visit Santiago de Cuba. The second most populous city in the country, and once the capital, Santiago is a hotbed of people at any time of day. If you’ve heard that people in Cuba are carefree, the people in Santiago are the perfect example of that. Furthermore, it is unforgivable not to try Santiago rum, which is produced in Santiago. Another tip is dancing at Casa de la Trova.
- Visit the tobacco plantations in Pinar del Río. El Habano is a cultural ambassador of the island. In the westernmost part of the country, tobacco growers preserve a centennial tradition that gives the tobacco a peculiar aroma, admired by smokers from all over the world.
- Go skydiving. The main skydiving site on the island is located in Matanzas, in the International Skydiving Center of Varadero, where interested customers can do tandem jumps. "You get hooked by the explosion of adrenaline,” is what the pilots say, who constantly defy the danger and launch from heights that some consider impossible to reach.
- Climb Turquino peak. This is the highest mountain in Cuba. This expedition is ideal to do with friends, to enjoy the natural beauty of the landscape together. It is a somewhat extreme physical experience, so you may have to give it your all in order to reach the top.
- Taste food from Baracoa. Those who venture to visit Baracoa will get to see a different perspective of the island. The imposing Farola road, with its cliffs and sharp curves, shows that the end of this road is really only the beginning of a journey to a corner of the world preserved by time. This ocean town has some of the most distinct food in the country, with dishes based on coconut milk and cocoa.
- Paragliding in Jibacoa (Mayabeque). These jumps are more straightforward because you don’t need to go up in an airplane. However, the heights you reach on a tandem flight are definitely selfie-worthy (don’t forget to ask the pilot to take a picture).
- Go to Latinoamericano. Cuban baseball may have been more popular in the past on the island, but, without a doubt, it remains an iconic aspect of the nation. "El Latino", as Cubans call it, is the home of fans in the capital. Here you can see passion materialize.
- Ziplining in Viñales. One of the best-preserved natural areas in the country and ideal for ecotourism. Thanks to the zipline you can fly over the unique natural landscapes of Cuba.
- Visit Trinidad. A city stopped in time, and at the same time, forced into the future by the constant coming and going of visitors. This is one of the most popular tourist destinations on the island. Finding a bar or a restaurant with live music here is never a problem. Raise a glass and enjoy the great city!
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.