General Information & Terms and Conditions
On this page you will find general information and the applicable conditions of
Caribbean Travel Network NV, doing business as Cuba Travel Network (CTN)
Kaya Richard J. Beaujon z/n
P.O. Box 837, Willemstad Curacao
Chamber of Commerce No. 93627
General Terms and Conditions CTN
The general terms and conditions of CTN apply to all our offers and agreements. If your trip is a package tour, then the General Travel Conditions apply, in other cases the General Booking Conditions apply.
You can view or download the general travel or booking conditions below and save them as pdf.
Click here for the General Booking Conditions
General Transport Conditions
If your trip includes organised transport, CTN will use carriers, including airlines, train and coach companies. The general (transport) conditions of these carriers (including inter alia airlines, train and ferry companies and coach companies) are in that case explicitly part of the offer and/or the agreement. These general transport conditions can be found on the website of the carrier concerned. In the offer and on the booking confirmation/invoice we will include a link to the location where these conditions can be found. In addition, on request, we will send you these terms and conditions immediately and free of charge.
CTN offers various payment methods, including Credit Card (Mastercard, VISA), Maestro (UK only), iDeal (NL only), Giropay (GER only) or bank transfer. In some countries and within the legal limits, additional payment fees are charged. If this applies, this will be stated in the offer and in the booking confirmation/invoice. Any payment costs in the event of a refund are at the expense of the traveller. In order to finalise your booking with CTN, advance payment must be made at all times, with the exception of some excursions.
Children and discounts for children
If you are travelling with children under the age of 12, you can, subject to specific conditions, make use of discounts for children. These discounts for children depend on the conditions of the relevant travel service provider (airline, hotel) and, if they differ from the standard scheme below, will be mentioned in the relevant offer. In general, you can follow the following rules:
- If your trip includes a flight, the age of your child on the day of the return trip will be decisive;
- If your trip does not include a flight, the age of your child at the start of the trip will be decisive.
The discount for children applies to children aged 11 years or younger on the day of the flight date. For return tickets, the age (11 years or younger) at the time of the return flight is decisive.
Baby tariffs only apply to children from 0 to 1 year old. They are not entitled to their own seat and travel on the lap of the accompanying adult. The baby must be at least 7 days old on the flight date. For babies, a cradle can be requested from some airlines (for a fee). Airlines may impose requirements on the number of accompanying adults if babies form part of the travel group.
Children travelling alone must be registered separately with each airline. Separate rules and procedures apply in this respect. These flights can only be booked through our call centre.
Hotels and Package Tours
The age of the child on the day of arrival is decisive when applying a possible child tariff or discount for children.
- Babies up to 23 months old stay in the room of the parent(s) free of charge. Cots can be requested directly by CTN from the hotel (for a fee). Some hotels have not cots available, and babies will have to sleep in the same bed as the parent(s).
- Child tariffs will be confirmed during the on-line booking process.
- Children from 2 to 11 years of age are eligible for a child tariff or child discount if they stay in the same room as the parents (min. 2 parents). In this case, children use the bed capacity of the room or an extra bed. Please note that, in most hotels, it is not possible to place an extra bed in the room.
- For children of 12 years of age and older, child tariffs or discounts do not apply.
If a flight forms part of a package tour, please also refer to the information under
Changes and cancellation
Due to the health emergency caused by COVID-19, Cuba Travel Network has made its Change and Cancellation Policies more flexible, so that you can adapt your trip to current conditions.
For car rental or accommodation reservations with the initial date of the service (first day of enjoyment of the service) until August 31, 2021, the following terms and conditions will apply. Otherwise, our General Terms and Conditions will apply.
If you wish to change a reservation order or a package tour, we will charge you €30,- in administration costs per change request, plus any price difference (only if the new price is higher than the price of the original booking). If you want to cancel a reservation order or a package tour, then the existing cancellation costs will apply, unless we then make a different offer in your favour. After receipt of the new offer (the changed trip), you have the option to accept it or to keep the original reservation order or package tour. This offer is valid for a limited time and must be accepted or rejected within 48 hours after you received the proposal.
Each travel service provider applies its own terms and conditions and/or costs with regard to the costs owed in the event that you cancel the contract. If these deviate from the conditions and/or costs listed below, this will be stated with or in the offer in question and in the booking confirmation/invoice.
|Up to 22 days before the arrival date||18%|
From 21 days (including) up to and including the date of arrival,
|100% - No refund|
For both domestic and international flights. Always and regardless
|100% - No refund|
- Flight tickets may only be changed if the conditions of the airline permit this, and subject to payment of the applicable change fees and the new tariff.
- Flight tickets are personal and non-transferable. A change in name may result in you having to pay for an entirely new ticket.
- Refunds on flight tickets are only possible if the conditions of the airlines belonging to the tariff paid so provide.
- Unless stated otherwise in the offer and on the booking confirmation/invoice, the cancellation fees for partially used or unused airline tickets are 100%, including any surcharges and airport taxes paid by you.
- If airlines allow a refund on an airline ticket, they may charge administration fees for this.
- If your refund is requested because you have not used one or more flights without cancelling them ("no-show"), then most airlines will not refund you on an airline ticket. This may also apply if you cancel the flight within 24 hours prior to departure, or request a refund after the original departure date.
- If your request for a refund is the result of an involuntary change to, or cancellation of, one or more flights in your flight ticket, we must submit this refund separately to the airline. These requests usually take longer than a 'regular' request for a refund.
Car rental, Camping car/camper rental and Scooter rental
|Up to 22 days before the arrival date||18%|
|As of 21 days (including) up to and including the date of arrival, and after the date of arrival||100% - No refund|
|Up to 8 days before the arrival date||18%|
|From 7 days (including) up to and including the date of arrival, and after the date of arrival||100% - No refund|
|In case of cancellation of a package tour (incl. multi-day excursions), the cancellation costs are:
|If cancelled up to and including the 43rd calendar day (excluding) before the
|the deposit but not more than 30%|
|In case of cancellation from the 42nd calendar day (including) up to and including the 29th calendar day (excluding) before the commencement date:||50% of the travel sum|
|In case of cancellation from the 28th calendar day (including) up to and including the 15th calendar day (excluding) before the commencement date
|75% of the travel sum|
|In case of cancellation from the 14th calendar day before the commencement date or later
|100% of the travel sum|
Other travel elements
If you do not use travel elements that form part of a package tour or a separate travel service (such as transfers, meals, excursions, overnight stays, etc.), no refund will be given for this.
- We strongly discourage you from booking a local or regional flight on the same day connected to an international flight. You yourself are responsible for ensuring that these are connecting flights (including the calculation of sufficient transfer time and the risk of delays, etc.)
- For domestic flights, you can take 20kg of hold luggage and 5kg of hand luggage at no extra cost. Your luggage must comply with the international rules for hold and hand luggage.
- We can inform you of the rules and costs for hand and hold luggage of other airlines.
- Flights must always be reconfirmed on working days and at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Always make sure that you can be reached by CTN so that we can inform you of any changes to your flight wherever possible.
- Prices of hotels are set out based on the number of people in a room.
- The check-in time is usually from 16:00 on the day of arrival, the latest check-out having to occur before 12:00 on the day of departure.
- The applicant must be present at check-in.
- All travellers must be able to present a valid passport at check-in.
- A standard room consists of 2 separate beds. As a general rule, guests must use the bed capacity as is normally present in the room. Most hotels do not have the possibility to place an extra bed in the room.
Car rental, motorbike rental and camping car/camper rental
- Travellers who drive a car must be at least 21 years of age, have held a valid driving licence for at least 2 years and be listed as driver on the rental agreement.
- The person renting the car must be in possession of a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard)
- All prices mentioned for car rental are inclusive of the rental price, and exclusive of the additional costs (see tables below) that have to be paid directly to the car rental company when picking up the rental car.
|Additional costs (to be paid on site)|
|Security deposit||Refer to the following table|
|Full tank of fuel||Amount depending on the car, normal petrol approx. 1.20 CUC per litre, diesel approx. 1.10 CUC per litre.|
|Drop-off costs (if you return the car, scooter or camper/camping car somewhere else than where it was collected)||A minimum of 10 CUC, a maximum of 400 CUC, dependant on the rental period and/or distance between the collection and return location.|
|Airport surcharge (if you pick up the car at the airport)||20 CUC|
|3 CUC per day|
|Rex||10 CUC per day|
|Through Rent a car||30 CUC per day|
|Car/camper/camping car/scooter rental company||
|Medium height||250.00 CUC|
|Jeep standard height||250.00 CUC|
|Rex||B- Medium cars||200.00 CUC|
|C/c- Standard cars||200.00 CUC|
|D- Standard height||250.00 CUC|
|E- Premium||250.00 CUC|
|F/f- Luxury||450.00 CUC|
|G/g- Jeep||250.00 CUC|
|H- Minivan||250.00 CUC|
|I- Sports||450.00 CUC|
|I- Sports||450.00 CUC|
|Through Rent a car||Economy||200.00 CUC|
|Medium High||200.00 CUC|
|4 x 4||200.00 CUC|
|Piaggo MP3 Scooter *||250.00 CUC|
|Fiat Ducato 2300 CC MJ Camper*||500.00 CUC|
* Or equivalent
For clients who are subject to U.S. jurisdiction
All persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction must certify (during our online reservation process) that they satisfy all the conditions for a general license and select one of 12 categories of travel.
CARIBBEAN TRAVEL NETWORK NV does not assume responsibility of any type if you do not comply with the OFAC requirements. CARIBBEAN TRAVEL NETWORK NV will not be responsible for any fine or demand made by the Treasury Department of the United States of America resulting from your trip to Cuba.
Information about all of these General Licenses, and their requirements, can be found on the website for the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/cuba.aspx. OFAC is responsible for administering the U.S. regulations concerning Cuba.