Trinidad Total – Privattour – 2 Nächte bei einer Gastfamilie
Trinidad Total – Privattour – 2 Nächte bei einer Gastfamilie (Besuch Cienfuegos und Santa Clara inbegriffen)
Auf dieser exklusiven Tour – mit Ihrem privaten Fahrer/Führer – lernen Sie Kuba von seiner schönsten Seite kennen. Unternehmen Sie eine attraktive Wanderung im Naturpark El Nicho. Sie lernen die kubanische Lebensweise näher kennen und übernachten in einem Casa Particulares, also bei einer privaten Gastfamilie.
Über Landstraßen und gelegentlich auch über die Autobahn gelangen Sie nach Cienfuegos, Trinidad und Santa Clara. Die Fahrt führt durch eine wunderschöne, ländliche Umgebung mit spektakulärer Natur und malerischen Dörfern. Unternehmen Sie eine attraktive Wanderung im Naturpark El Nicho. Sie lernen die kubanische Lebensweise näher kennen und übernachten in einem Casa Particulares, also bei einer privaten Gastfamilie.
Zu dem beliebten zweitägigen Ausflug (Private Tour nach Cienfuegos, Trinidad & Santa Clara – Übernachtung in der Gastfamilie) wurde ein zusätzlicher Tag/Nacht in Trinidad hinzugefügt. Dieser zweite Tag steht zu Ihrer freien Verfügung. Besuchen Sie den Strand von Trinidad (Playa Ancon) oder buchen Sie einen Ausflug und fahren Sie mit einem Segelboot über das karibische Meer. Oder vielleicht möchten Sie auch einfach in aller Ruhe und in Ihrem eigenen Tempo durch Trinidad schlendern?
Verfügbarkeit und Preise
- Private tour: 08:00 - Daily
- Individuelles Programm
- Englisch, French, Italiano, Portugiesisch, Spanisch
Was ist inbegriffen
There are two different car categories/versions:
- STANDARD: The SSANG YOUNG (SUV - 4-Door) accommodates the driver/guide + three participants and their luggage (2 bags [75cmH]). Recommended for up to three adults of average size as well as for a family with (one) child.
- PREMIUM: You´ll travel in a Hyundai Tucson (SUV - 4-Door), seating (apart from the driver/guide) four participants and storing their luggage (2 large [75cmH]) + 1 small bag); ideal for a family with (two) children or four participants of average size.
Included in price
- Transportation per air-conditioned SUV.
- Program (and entrance fees) according to description for Day 1 and 3.
- On day 2, the car will be available for short rides within Trinidad, such as bringing you to the beach. (Further activities, consumption and entrance fees are at your own expense).
- Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
- Day 1. Lunch, dinner
- Day 2. Breakfast
- Day 3. Breakfast, lunch
- 2 Overnights in a Casa Particular (homestay) in a double or single room with private bathroom.
Not included in price
- Other consumptions and refreshments.
- Optional activities that are not described in the program, such as excursions/activities and meals on Day 2.
- Expenditure of personal nature.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Abholzeitplan und Reiseverlauf
What to do in Trinidad at night?
Day 1: Havana - Cienfuegos - El Nicho - Trinidad
When leaving Havana, it seems as if you are driving back, in time though as you´re definitely riding forwards. The contrast between Cuba´s countryside and cities (such as Havana) is not only striking, but also very intriguing. The distance to Cienfuegos is approximately 243km (151miles), hitting first the expressway
- ★ The City of Cienfuegos (UNESCO World Heritage Site) looks chic and is a feast for the eye of an architect. Founded by French emigrants from Bordeaux and Louisiana in 1819, Cienfuegos is unique compared to other colonial Cuban cities, previously founded by Spaniards. The beating heart of the city is Parque José Martí flanked by government buildings, a cathedral, art gallery and the Teatro Tomás Terry. Visit the eclectic Palacio del Valle (an architectural cocktail of Gothic, Moorish and neoclassical styles).
- ★ Lunch at Club Cienfuegos - former yacht club and founded in 1920 - with still a strong maritime feel.
- ★ The distance from Cienfuegos to Trinidad is about 95km (60miles) and is scheduled through the inland in order to get to El Nicho: a nature reserve with friendly waterfalls. ¨El Reino de las Aguas¨ is a gentle hiking trail of 2km (1.2mile), and whether or not to make the two-hour trek is completely up to you.
- ★ And then there lies Trinidad, tranquilly between the feet of the Sierra Escambray mountain range and the azure-blue Caribbean Sea.
- ★ After having settled in a Casa Particular (homestay), dinner will be served in a Paladar, which literally means palate, but in this context a Paladar is a private restaurant.
Evening at leisure (suggestions you can find below under ¨What to do at Trinidad at night¨).
(Mealplan: lunch, dinner are included)
Day 2: Trying Trinidad´s Treasures
- ★ Homemade breakfast on the patio, porch or in the kitchen of your Casa Particular.
Intentionally we have nothing planned for today, so choose how to spend this second day in Trinidad. Below you’ll find some ideas.
What makes Trinidad so special in nature is that it is clamped between a beautiful Caribbean Sea and adventurous mountains. Consequently you can opt between mountains & waterfalls, beach & sea or the secrets of a 500 year old colonial town.
- ★ Trinidad´s beach - situated in the south, bordering the Caribbean Sea - is called Playa Ancon, the guide can drive you there, and pick you up again. A gorgeous beach and a lovely sea are waiting for you, so merely laze today.
- ★ Trinidad´s Marina is also situated south of the town. Comfortable catamarans (with open bar) daily sail off for a trip across the Caribbean Sea. Snorkeling, swimming, sunbathing, (seafood) lunch on an exotic key are the main activities during this day. If you do opt for this excursion, please let us know and we will book the excursion beforehand, the guide will drive you to the Marina, and pick you up in the afternoon.
- ★ If you’re a mountain lover, let us know, and we’ll book you on one of the two offered hike excursions. A robust Russian truck makes the climb up in the mountain range Escambray, next you descend at ease along waterfalls, crossing rivers and swimming in natural pools.
- ★ Although La Escalinata is often mentioned for its vibrant nightlife, during the day the numerous terraces of restaurants and bars offer a great treat.
(Mealplan: breakfast is included. In case you book an excursion, meals/consumptions will be included according the program).
Day 3: Sugar Mill Valley - Santa Clara - Havana, Varadero or Cayo Santa Maria
- ★ Just like the previous day, this one also starts with a homemade breakfast.
- ★ Heading by jeep (or SUV) to the nearby Valle de los Ingenios (Valley of the Sugar Mills). Trinidad owes its existence to the sugar industry flourishing from the late 18th century to the late 19th century. The Manaca Iznaga tower (1750), 44 meters (144ft) high, was built next to a hacienda, those days to control the slaves. Today, after climbing the stairs, it reveals the friendliest panoramas of a breathtaking environment. Trinidad and the Valley de los Ingenios are declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO (1988).
- ★ Next, northwest towards Santa Clara. Each of the three cities of this program clearly features its proper time frame. Where Cienfuegos represents the late 19th / early 20th century, Trinidad goes a few centuries back in history. Santa Clara, however, is a modern university city that is inextricably linked to the late 50´s of the last century and to the triumph of the revolution. A visit to Che Guevara´s Memorial will clarify why. Lunch will be served in Santa Clara.
- ★ Your driver/guide will take you to your destination of your choice, which may be the charismatic capital Havana or the celebrated beaches of Varadero or those of Cayo Santa Maria.
(Mealplan: breakfast, lunch are included)
- Private restaurant Sol Ananda, a beautiful building, located at the Plaza Mayor, furnished in colonial style. Extensive menu with Cuban-fusion dishes.
Address: Ruben Martinez Villena (Calle Real) # 45 Esquina Simon Bolivar (Calle Desengaño).
- Private restaurant San Jose, Cuban and Italian cuisine. Popular restaurant, reservation strongly advised.
Address: Maceo (Gutierrez) # 382 entre Colon y Smith.
- Private restaurant La Redacción, recently opened in a colonial building (once the redaction of a newspaper). Possibility to dine at the patio. International cuisine, specialty seafood.
Address: Maceo (Gutierrez) # 463 entre Simon Bolivar (Desengaño) y Fco. Javier Zerquera (Rosario).
Music, Drinks and Dancing
- La Escalinata is Trinidad´s nightlife center. Every evening (at about 08.00 – 08.30 pm) a salsa band will play live music at the old stone city steps (near the church). Dance or sit on the stairs or on one of the terraces, and simply watch. A small entrance fee can be levied, depending on the kind of event. Afterwards, follow the stairs which will lead you to the Casa de la Musica.
- Casa de la Trova (entrance aprox. CUC 1) hosts salsa bands and troubadours, located at only 100 meters from the city stairs. On your way you will pass the Palenque de los Congos Reales, with mainly Afro-Cuban music.
- A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the vehicle, all cars are insured.
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults. Children do count as an additional person sharing the vehicle, resulting in a similar discount. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, however car seats and cots are often not available.
- Triple rooms are not bookable on this tour. In the case of an uneven number of participants, twin and single rooms should be booked.
- Don’t forget to bring swimwear and a pair of sturdy shoes or sneakers for swimming and hiking.
- The program can be subject to changes due to local conditions (e.g. closure due to reparations, weather conditions, etc.).
- Che Guevara´s memorial and museum in Santa Clara are closed on Mondays. Therefore, this private tour has no departure scheduled on Saturdays, in order not to affect one of the highlights of this program.
- Valid and original (no copy) ID (passport).
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.