Havana Long Weekend
- Departure time
- Starts in Havana, ends in Havana. Gateway Varadero can also be used for this journey.
- English, Other languages on request, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
Day 1: Havana
Meet and greet at Havana International Airport on arrival day, including our VIP services:
- Our airport representative will meet you at the gate and direct you to Preferential Immigration, the customs booth for VIP Lounge clients, diplomats and airline crew.
- Use of the VIP lounge at Havana airport, while your luggage is taken care of.
- Luggage assistance.
- Private transfer to Havana City
Day 2: Havana – private city tour in Vintage Car
Private city tour in a vintage car (3-4 hours):
- Guided walk through historical ‘La Habana Vieja,’ founded in the 16th century, nowadays an incredible open air museum of architecture, art and culture. Stroll along the narrow colonial streets while vintage automobiles pass by.
- Sightseeing in modern day Havana, covering all important landmarks.
- Time for a drink in style in the iconic ‘Nacional de Cuba’ hotel, where you may sip a cocktail in the palm filled gardens where presidents, movie stars and celebrities have gathered since the 1930s.
In compliance to regulations for U.S. citizens travelling to Cuba, it is required that you have a full-time schedule. During the part of the day that there are no activities included in the tour, the full-time schedule can be met by having People-to-People meaningful interactions with Cuban nationals. This, for example, can be a visit to a ‘paladar’ (private restaurant), a market, a museum, the ‘malecon’ (boulevard), or taking a taxi.
For the evening there are many options. Our recommendations:
- Dine like a local in a ‘paladar’, where you can enjoy Cuban cuisine.
- Visit the cultural project ‘Fábrica del Arte Cubano’ (FAC), the Cuban Art Factory, where the artists meet the public. The project, brainchild of internationally renowned Cuban musician X Alfonso, is supported by the Ministry of Culture and the Institute of Music. Insider tip: combine this visit with dinner at privately owned restaurant El Cocinero next-door.
- Cabaret Tropicana! The one and only ‘paradise under the stars.’ An extravaganza that will appeal to all of your senses. Expect Big Band, crooners, fabulous dancers, over the top costumes and more within an exotic setting. The grand show starts at 10pm. Our local assistants can make a reservation for you.
Day 3: Havana – the Hemingway Way – private tour
Ernest Hemingway lived in Cuba on and off for 20 years. His house, ‘Finca Vigia,’ is where he wrote some of his most famous novels.
The tour includes:
- Visit to Finca Vigia where Hemingway wrote ‘The Old Man and the Sea’, among others. The interior has remained intact, as if Ernest just left the house for a break in between writing.
- Visit to Cojimar, the sleepy seaside village that served as inspiration for his famous novel.
- Visit to Hotel Ambos Mundos in Havana where you may peek inside room 511, where Hemingway used to stay in the 1930s. A nice suggestion to go for a drink afterwards is Café de los Artistas, a private barrestaurant where you can enjoy cocktails and tapas. Were Hemingway still among us, you would surely have bumped into him there
- Accommodation with meals as per description
- Transfers: arrival transfer, from Havana international Airport to hotel in Havana and departure transfer, from hotel in Havana to Havana International Airport
- Excursions with transportation as per description
Customise your trip
This is a flexible program; the hotel and duration can be changed as you wish. The final price for a customized tour depends on the travel dates, availability and your personal wishes. Please contact us to discuss the options, we’re happy to explore with you how we can make a trip to Cuba possible for you within a set budget.