Founded in 1511, Baracoa is Cuba’s oldest city. The history is palpable here, as is the natural landscape, with mountains, rivers, and beaches ringing Baracoa Bay.
Legend has it that Columbus planted a cross – the famous Cruz de la Parra – upon landing in Baracoa on his first voyage. He made landfall on the north side of the bay, about 2 km from the city center and some 500 meters from Baracoa's airport. Sounds a bit inhospitable, but in fact, this is a privileged location with a small scoop of beach – reason enough to construct a hotel here.+ Read more
The Hotel Porto Santo, built in 1986, resembles a small beach resort spread across a lushly landscaped meadow. The open and rustic lobby has beamed ceilings and "vitrales" (stained glass window panes, typical of colonial times) giving it an elegantly rural feel.
Guestrooms are in two-story buildings with tiled roofs, scattered across the verdant grounds. These facilities are complemented by a restaurant, an open-air (snack) bar, a gym and game room with pool table. In the evenings, there’s scheduled entertainment.
The lake-shaped pool is an inviting oasis, especially from June through October with tropical temperatures that not may be underestimated.
A stay at the Porto Santo gives guests the best of both worlds – you’re close enough to enjoy the sights in town, but can escape to the natural setting for which Baracoa is known.
Rooms and Rates
- Recommended for
- Beautiful views, Great beach location, Historic setting, Wi-Fi (with charge)
Carretera del Aeropuerto, Rpto. Jaitesico, Baracoa, Guantánamo, Baracoa, Cuba
Distance to airport: 0,5 km
- Hotel chain
- Meal plan
- Breakfast, Full board, Half board
- Check in/out
Check in time: 4:00 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
Location of hotel Porto Santo
- 24 hour reception
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Shop *
- Swimming Pool
- Tour Booking Desk
* Some services require local payment
We are here to help
Hola! Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.