History and nature
The hotel is located within the Parque Natural Cristóbal Colón where the abundance of the beautiful scenery, the flora and the fauna will enchant visitors. Not too far away, you can visit the spot where the first meeting between European and Cuban indigenous cultures took place. Christopher Columbus landed at Bariay and was spellbound by the beauty of the place. The Chorro de Maíta Indo-Cuban Museum, also very close to the hotel, has exhibits showing the most important aspects of pre-Colombian culture in the Antilles.+ Read more
Nothing is left out
The four categories of rooms are all air-conditioned and have their own private bathrooms. They all give you the choice of double beds or two singles, with minibar, satellite TV and telephone. Eight of the rooms have been conditioned for persons with limited mobility. And all rooms allow you to enjoy splendid views of the sea, the pool or the grounds from your balcony or terrace.
The hotel has a 500 seat conference room plus a kid’s club. If you would like to meet and chat with the local residents, you can attend the Spanish language classes which we also provide as one of our services.
The beautifully decorated lobby exhibits Holguin’s oldest locomotive, dating back to 1924, which has been set up to function as a unique cafeteria.
Serving a variety of food, from international to typical Cuban fare, the Gaviota Playa Pesquero Hotel restaurants have received glowing praise:
- EL ROMÁNTICO / Deluxe international cuisine to the rhythm of boleros
- LA GÓNDOLA / Italian cuisine around a canal with an authentic Venetian gondola
- EL CATUCO / Specializing in chicken-based cuisine
- EXTRAVAGANZA / Lobster-based dishes. Dine by the sea
- BISTRÓ CLUB CUBANO / Barbecued Cuban meat
Holguín has been called the City of Parks because of the many public spaces where people can spend most of the day. Located in Cuba’s Oriente, the eastern part of the Island, Holguín Province is the fourth largest on the Island. We invite you to safely wander the maze of little streets and partake of the residents’ legendary hospitality.
- Ideal for relaxing, with lovely virgin beaches
- Highly recommended for diving and underwater photography
- Close to the site of the first meeting between European and Cuban indigenous cultures
Cuba Travel Network Tip
Bring your underwater camera. There is a rarely photographed coral reef in front of the hotel. The magic is completed by cliffs and exotic vegetation.
Rooms and Rates
- Recommended for
- Families, Meetings/ events
Playa Pesquero, Rafael Freyre, Holguín, Playa Pesquero, Holguín, Cuba:
Distance to airport: 57 km
- Hotel chain
- Meal plan
- All Inclusive
- Check in/out
Check in time: 4:00 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
Location of hotel Gaviota Playa Pesquero
All inclusive plan:
Food & Drink
- 7 Restaurants
- Lobby Bar
- Bar in the water
- Room service
- Ice cream shop
- Beer house in the gardens
Sports & Activities
- Children’s Club and Mini Club
- Club Cubano
- Sports’ club (Table tennis, aerobics, mini soccer, water polo, beach volleyball, basketball, archery, mini bolero, bicycles, mini golf)
- Entertainment theater, evening entertainment, and live shows
- Dance classes
- Spanish language classes
- 3 floodlit tennis courts, squash courts
- Non-motorized water sports (water bicycles, sailing boats, surfing, diving)
- Meeting facilities
- Sports facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Tour Booking Desk
* Some services require local payment
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.