Encanto San Basilio
It is a mansion of the twentieth century, with beautiful iron works and large windows. It has rooms that guarantee your rest when you return from the other world outside. There you will find the Museum of Rum, almost in front of the hotel - and if you have not yet enjoyed one of the great Cuban wonders, their rums, this will be the perfect time. There you will also find museums such as the Balcón de Velásquez or the old Tobacco Factory.+ Read more
You can look for Calle Vicente Aguilera, named after a great hero from Santiago de Cuba, and you will arrive directly at Paseo de Alameda, where the port and the sea meet and where you will surely encounter excellent flavours.
In the lobby bar it is common to find visitors staying in other accommodations, that like to visit the hotel because of its central location. You are, of course, in the right place to try the Rum of Santiago.
Conga, but from Santiago
Recently they celebrated 500 years of history, this city was the first Cuban capital. Now it is one of the most musical cities, famous for its carnivals and popular parties.
When you hear a conga sound in Santiago, you will see that everyone leaves whatever they are doing to go "arollar", with which the Cubans mean to follow the music, dancing. You will only see this human movement here. If you come here at the end of July, it will not be difficult to find the famous congas from Santiago.
Only two blocks away is the Céspedes Park, a place where historical and patrimonial values are combined with an intense cultural life. Here you can find the beautiful building of the old City Council of Santiago de Cuba and the Casa Diego Velásquez, who founded this city in 1514.
- A small and comfortable place in the center of the most Caribbean city of Cuba.
- Very close to important historical sites of the country
- A few steps away from Parque Cespedes, the central point of the cultural life.
To appreciate in all its magnitude the structure of the city surrounded by the mountains of the Sierra Maestra, as soon as the sun goes down, go up to the terrace of the Casagranda hotel, which you have access to as a guest of the San Basilio.
Rooms and Rates
- Recommended for
- Historic setting, Honeymoon
Calle San Basilio No 403 e/ Calvario y Carnicería, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
Distance to airport: 10 km
- Hotel chain
- Meal plan
- Check in/out
Check in time: 4:00 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
- 24 hour reception
- Laundry Services *
- Taxi *
* Some services require local payment
We are here to help
Hola! Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re over 50 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.