The Iberostar Colonial has a different spatial feeling: several interconnecting buildings are laced with trails and welcoming courtyards. The complex reminds you of a traditional Spanish village. There is a navigable lake close by and the surrounding grounds make this hotel truly special.+ Read more
Diving ranks among the most popular attractions with several dive sites on the coral reef extending for over 10 kilometers, one of the best preserved reefs in the world. Depending on the depth, you will be able to observe colorful snails and fish on the sea bottom. It doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to dive: instructors will teach you the basics.
The all-inclusive plan covers breakfast, lunch and buffet dinner, and all non-motorized water sports. Once a week you can book one of the specialized restaurants for a typically Cuban dinner.
No time for boredom! Activities include crafts workshops, tai chi, horseback riding and bicycling, tennis lessons and more. If you’d prefer to relax, there are three large pools. Children have their own spaces to run and play.
The Cayo Coco tourist area is on the north coast of the key and on its southern coast you will find an almost virginal ecosystem. Nature lovers rave about the excursions to observe the pink flamingos native to this part of the island.
Other interesting trips will take you to Playa Pilar and the Boar’s Cave (Cueva del Jabalí). American writer Ernest Hemingway used to go fishing in the smaller nearby keys during the years he lived in Cuba.
Cayo Coco is the fourth largest island in the Cuban archipelago and the second Sun-and-Beach Destination after Varadero. Until the 1990s, when tourism really began to take off, you could barely see a living soul there. That explains the high level of conservation demonstrated by its wildlife. It is said that the key owes its name to the White Ibis, commonly known as the Coco Bird.
The Cubanacán Colonial Cayo Coco Hotel is located 12 kilometers from the Jardines del Rey International Airport. A causeway over the sea connects the key to the municipality of Morón in Ciego de Ávila Province. The trip takes around 40 minutes.
- 27kilometers of spectacular beaches, a veritable paradise
- Diving along the coral reef
- Those who are fans of adrenalin rushes will love to go diving at 19 meters to swim with the sharks.
Rooms and Rates
- Recommended for
- Families, Weddings
Cayo Coco, Jardines del Rey, Morón, Ciego de Ávila, Cuba
Distance to airport: 12 km
- Hotel chain
- Meal plan
- All Inclusive
- Check in/out
Check in time: 4:00 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
Location of hotel Iberostar Colonial
All inclusive plan:
- Buffet Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- National and International Drinks 24 hours
- Free entrance to the disco with drinks included (20.00-2.00h.)
- Snacks 24 hours
- Wellness Buffet at all meals in buffet restaurant
- One dinner, per reservation per week, in specialty restaurants (reservation required)
- Typical Cuban dinner once a week
- Folkloric shows and dance hall with a band, Spanish classes for beginners, crafts workshop
- 1 group diving lesson (advanced or beginner level), per booking, per week
- Tennis lessons are available
- Also available: gym, tennis, beach volleyball, sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, catamaran, cycling, French bowling, pool, table tennis, aerobics
- 24 hour reception
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Doctor on call
- Facilities for disabled
- Hairdresser *
- Health Club/ Gym
- Kid's Club
- Multilingual Staff
- Salsa Lessons
- Scuba diving
- Shop *
- Sports facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Taxi *
- Tour Booking Desk
- Water sports facilities
- Wedding services
* Some services require local payment
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.