Surrounded by History and Culture
It’s easy to find Casa Granda, right on Céspedes Park, Santiago’s main square and surrounded by important buildings such as the Cathedral, the Casa de Diego Velázquez Museum and the former Ayuntamiento, or city hall.+ Read more
You can visit around twenty museums in Santiago, such as the Emilio Bacardí Municipal Museum, the oldest in Cuba, and the Moncada Barracks, now housing a school.
Evenings at the nearby Casa de la Trova. The cultural choices in this town are numerous; it is the birthplace of Son and Bolero, and there will be no shortage of conga and Cuban salsa music.
There’s lots more to explore!
Take off from the hotel to visit Santa Ifigenia Cemetery and the tombs of important Cuban and international figures, among them Cuba’s National Hero José Martí.
The Sanctuary of the Our Lady of Charity of El Cobre, Patroness of Cuba, is 27 kilometers from the center of town.
A number of attractions await you at Baconao Park. This World Biosphere Reserve is the home of Granjita Siboney, the Valley of Prehistory, La Gran Piedra, Baconao Lake, an aquarium and two museums.
Time to Relax
The hotel has 5 floors with 58 rooms decorated in colonial style and with windows looking over downtown Santiago de Cuba.
For splendid sunsets, go up to the rooftop terrace where you can eat and drink while watching the city that lies between the sea and the mountains.
The Plaza de Armas, now called Céspedes Park, is the main site for cultural and historical activities in the city of Santiago de Cuba. It is where the warm nights are tempered by the sound of guitar chords and while you enjoy the warm, communicative hospitality of Santiago residents.
- On a corner of the centrally located Céspedes Park in the center of town
- You can eat and drink on the hotel’s top floor and enjoy the spectacular view
- You will have a long list of cultural, historical and natural places to visit
Visit the Marina Punta Gorda not too far away. It’s the ideal place for nautical activities such as diving, sport fishing and catamaran or boat excursions.
Rooms and Rates
- Recommended for
- Beautiful views, Great location, Historic setting, Meetings/ events
Heredia No. 201entre San Pedro y San Félix, Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
Distance to airport: 10 KM (SCU)
- Hotel chain
- Meal plan
- Check in/out
Check in time: 4:00 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
Location of hotel Casa Granda
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Meeting facilities
- Shop *
- Tour Booking Desk
* Some services require local payment
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.