A beach loved by the sun
Built in the 1990s during the tourism boom on the peninsula, the Barceló Solymar was one of the first “big” hotels in Varadero, Cuba’s most famous sun-and-beach destination. It’s no accident that in the 1950s this was the location for the neighboring Hotel Internacional and the Cabañas del Sol which has long since disappeared. It is common knowledge that the best sand on the 27 kilometers of beaches is located right where the town ends.+ Read more
The Solymar joins its sister hotel, the Arenas Blancas, to form a complex that combines buildings with bungalows, on spacious grounds and green areas just before you reach the line of sand dunes.
Most people agree that the hotel’s best features are the pool, the assortment of food at the buffet and its proximity to the beach. For children, there is a park and a mini-club while adults can enjoy themselves at the archery range or play beach volleyball or soccer. Inside the main building there is table tennis and on the beach all non-motorized water activities are included such as catamarans, water bikes, kayaks, snorkeling and windsurfing. Keep in shape at Solymar’s gym with attached sauna and massage facilities. Two Jacuzzis are at poolside.
Hotel common areas have access to pay-as-you-go WiFi coverage (1 CUC/h)
There are eight restaurants to choose from in the complex:
- Buffet Solymar (international/breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Buffet Arenas Blancas (international/breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Mariachi (Mexican/a la carte)
- Pagoda (Asian/a la carte)
- Quijote (Spanish/a la carte)
- Venecia (Italian/a la carte)
- Seafood Solyarena (seafood/a la carte)
- Ranchón Playa Arenas Blancas (international/buffet)
The Hicacos Peninsula is Cuba’s most important resort. It was partially urbanized in the first half of the 20th century and has undergone intense development and growth over the past 25 years. Today there are over 50 hotels spread out over 30 kilometers, with 22 kilometers covering beaches. The peninsula points northeast towards the Atlantic, between Cárdenas Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Since Solymar is so close to the urbanized area, you will also be close to the Casa del Habano and the Casa del Ron, as well as to nightclubs such as Los Beatles and La Comparsita.
- on the best strip of beach in Varadero
- a lot for your money
- ideal for family and couples’ vacations, or for holidaying with friends
Order a margarita at the beach bar just before sunset and enjoy the view. An unforgettable experience!
Rooms and Rates
- Recommended for
- Families, Meetings/ events, Water sports, Weddings, Wellness
Carretera Las Américas km. 3, Matanzas, Varadero, Cuba
Distance to airport: 30 km (VRA)
- Hotel chain
- Meal plan
- All Inclusive
- Check in/out
Check in time: 4:00 PM
Check out time: 12:00 PM
Location of hotel Barcelo Solymar
All inclusive plan:
- Lunch - Dinner
- Restaurants à la carte (reservations required)
- International and national alcoholic drinks and soft drinks other than Premium brands
Sports & Activities
- Volleyball, archery and beach soccer
- Gym, sauna and 2 jacuzzis in the pool area of Solymar
- Daytime activities
- Mini Club (4-12 years)
- Games room with board games
- Non-motorized water sports including canoeing, kayaking, catamaraning, water bikes, snorkeling, and windsurfing
- Entertainment and nighttime shows
- 24 hour reception
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Hairdresser *
- Health Club/ Gym
- Kid's Club
- Laundry Services *
- Massage *
- Medical Services *
- Meeting facilities
- Multilingual Staff
- Scuba diving
- Shop *
- Sports facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Taxi *
- Tour Booking Desk
- Water sports facilities
- Wedding services
- Wellness facilities
- Wi-Fi in the lobby
* Some services require local payment
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.