The tobacco plant reaches its full height between November and February. Once the harvest is over, other crops are planted such as malanga, yucca, corn etc until October.
A visit to the “Casa del Veguero” (the Tobacco Farmer’s House), surrounded by tobacco plantations, provides a mini-education on the subject.
In 1999, the Viñales Valley was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. A voyage through this beautifully verdant land which has preserved traditional (country) life shows you why.
A 120-meter tall replica of prehistoric paintings on a “mogote” and a boat trip on a river through a cave are fun and educational: they explain the evolution of life in the Sierra de los Órganos (mountain range) where the valley is located. There is an awe-inspiring panoramic view from the viewpoint close to Hotel Los Jazmines.
Cuban lunch is served in a local restaurant.
Availability and prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- 07.30am - Habana Vieja (Old Havana); 07.45am - Vedado; 08.00am - Miramar
- Departure location
- Departure from hotels located in Havana: Old Havana, Vedado, Miramar
- Private or group excursion
- English, Spanish
- Activity level
- Light (walking and light hiking)
Included in price• Transportation in air conditioned bus (group excursion), or in (air-conditioned) taxi/minibus in case of a private excursion.
• Professional multilingual guide.
• Program according description.
• Lunch at a local countryside restaurant.
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
between 07:30 and 08:00 - Weekly: Tuesday, Thursday
08:00 - Daily
- Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule in case of group excursions), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.