Crucero del Sol: Catamaran and Dolphins from Varadero
Sail off-shore and discover - swimming or snorkeling - the beautiful, crystal-clear waters surrounding the Cuban peninsula.
Cayo Blanco is next on the itinerary, where you’ll enjoy a delicious seafood lunch (lobster, shrimp, and fish). An open bar is provided on board the comfortable vessels, as well as during your stay on the Cayo.
An approximately 15-minutes interactive encounter with dolphins makes this excursion an unforgettable one.
The interplay with dolphins during this trip includes a contact with and kiss from "Flipper". In case you want to swim with dolphins, consider the specialized excursion "Swimming with Dolphins".
In case of the private excursion; the transportation to and from Varadero is private and exclusively for you. The catamaran however, is shared with participants of different nationalities, according the number of tourists, the sequence of the excursion may be changed.
Availability and prices
- Recommended for
- All-inclusive cruise, Dolphin encounter, Snorkeling, Swimming and Seafood
- Departure/Starting Time
- Private tour: 07.45 daily Group tour: Between 07.45 and 09.10 daily
- Departure location
- Private or group excursion
- English, Spanish
- Activity level
- Average (hiking, biking and more)
- Transfer by air-conditioned bus.
- Professional multilingual guide.
- Program according description.
- Seafood lunch (lobster, shrimps, and fish).
- All drinks (soft drinks, beer and Cuban cocktails).
- Nautical equipment (non-motorized) and means of protection are included for snorkeling and sailing.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific hotels. If your hotel is located in between the ones mentioned, you will be collected within that time window. Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
Zone A: Departure from hotel, or hotels located between:
07.45am - Playa Caleta - Punta Arena
07.50am - Bellevue Puntarena Playa Caleta - Varazul
08.00am - Sunbeach - Ledo
08.15am - Pullman - Arenas Blancas
08.20am - Barceló Solymar - Be Live Experience
08.30am - Sol Club Sirenas / Coral - Bella Costa
Zone B: Departure from hotel, or hotels located between:
08.20am - Meliá las Américas - Sol Palmeras
08.30am - Iberostar Bella Vista - Arenas Doradas
08.40am - Muthu Playa de Oro - Meliá Las Antillas
08.50am - Blau Varadero - Iberostar Varadero
09.00am - Paradisus Varadero - Iberostar Playa Alameda
09.10am - ParadisusPrincesa de lMar - Playa Marina
- In case of the private excursion; the transportation to and from Varadero is private and exclusively for you. The catamaran however is shared with participants of different nationalities, according the number of tourists, the sequence of the excursion may be changed.
- In periods of dolphin-training, it may occur that the encounter with the dolphins cannot be accomplished. The price will be occasionally adjusted.
- During the lobster closing season the seafood menu will contain a combination of fish and shrimps.
- You can inform us if you prefer another dish than seafood.
- It is practical to put on your swimming wear in your hotel, before boarding.
- Valid and original (no copy) ID (passport).
- Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
At this time the Cuban authorities will not permit any person of Cuban citizenship, regardless of dual nationality or country of residence, from embarking or disembarking at any Cuban port, without an official permission.
We are here to help
Hola! Are you interested in a tailor-made tour to Cuba? Don't hesitate to contact us.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.