Topes de Collantes Overnight (including Trinidad - Santa Clara - Cienfuegos)
Visitors who are interested in exploring the entire island, but who lack sufficient time to do so, should consider this excursion. In two days, you’ll discover three cultural and historical cities (Cienfuegos – Trinidad – Santa Clara).+ Read more
A comfortable bus tour is enlivened by an active nature program in the Sierra del Escambray and includes an overnight in the lovely mountain village of Topes de Collantes (800m above sea level). Jeeps or a Russian off-road 4x4 truck or jeep will drive you into the mountains, from where you continue on foot down towards the restaurant La Gallega, enjoying refreshing waterfalls and rivers en route.
Cuba’s most comprehensive excursion, for all ages.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- From 15 Nov. 2017 Till 15 Dec. 2018
Group excursion: between 07:45 and 08:50 - Weekly on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Departure location
- Departure from hotels located in Varadero
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Activity level
- Light (walking and light hiking)
Included in price
- Transportation in air-conditioned bus.
- Program according to description.
- Professional, multilingual guide.
- Accommodation in Hotel los Helechos.
- Meal plan: lunch and dinner on the first day, breakfast and lunch the second day.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Day 1: Cienfuegos - Trinidad - Topes de Collantes: Culture, History and Nature
- Pick-up at your hotel by bus for the ride to Cienfuegos (also called The Pearl of the South).
- Sightseeing tour Cienfuegos (declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
- Lunch at restaurant in Nature Park El Cubano.
- Continuation to Trinidad; also declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit to the city museum “Palacio Cantero”, to the pottery "La Casa del Alfarero" and some free time.
- On and upwards to the mountains, lodging at Hotel Los Helechos in Topes de Collantes.
- Evening at leisure.
Day 2: Topes de Collantes - Santa Clara: Mountains, Hiking and Ernesto Che Guevara
- Breakfast and transport via 4x4 Russian truck (sometimes per jeep) into the mountains: Topes de Collantes – Charco Azul – Guanayara.
- Walk down the path of ¨Centinelas del Río Melodioso¨, a special landscape enriched by local flora and fauna. During the tour, enjoy romping below the beautiful waterfall “El Rocio” and swimming in the “pond of the deer”.
- You will be invited to “La Casa de la Gallega”, where you’ll enjoy a typical local lunch.
- After a short break, onwards to Santa Clara to visit the Ernesto Che Guevara Mausoleum.
- Return to Varadero.
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific hotels. If your hotel is located in between the ones mentioned, you will be collected within that time window. Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
07:45am - Blau Marina Varadero - Paradisus Varadero
08:00am - Iberostar Varadero - Blau Varadero
08:15am - Meliá las Antillas - Sol Club Palmeras
08:25am - Meliá Varadero - Sol Club Sirenas/Coral
08:35am - Villa Cuba - Herradura
08:50am - Mar del Sur - Oasis
- Pack warmer clothes as the temperature in the mountains will be cooler, especially at night and in the morning. Pack also a swimsuit, sturdy footwear (and a pair of extra, i.e. dry shoes) as well as appropriate clothing for the trek.
- Please don’t forget your passport (required at hotel check-in).
- Normal physical fitness is required to participate in the hiking portion of this excursion.
- Temporary rainfall can affect the water of the river, making it more turbid, as well as making the hiking trail more slippery, but still doable.
- The sequence of this tour can be modified as local conditions will lead to this (such as eg closure of museums, roadworks).
- Valid and original (no copy) ID (passport).
- Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
We are here to help
Hola! Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re over 50 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.