The Garage Drive - vintage car workshop
He continues to deny it, but they say that Julio was already repairing his stroller as a toddler. What definitely is true is as soon as he could walk, he was already wandering around in the workshop of his father, in those days working as a mechanic at General Motors, the owner of Chevrolet.
In 2010, he founded together with his wife a private enterprise, a small company with the aim to restore Chevrolets from the '50s and let them shine where they belong; in the streets of Cuba.
In this workshop, the attention for details is extraordinary. Lola, the Chevy from '56, is not pink for fun, back then, Chevrolet painted the entire year pink. Julio checks everything in thick catalogs. The interior and upholstery are also exactly according to the Chevrolet regulations of that year. Everything in its original condition. The chrome letters of the Bel Air, the graceful curve in the door of the Impala. Everything neat and tidy. Meticulous precision work.
Julio is an engaging narrator with fascinating stories about the blood, sweat, and tears during the restoration process. But also stories about celebrities that they have drove around in one of their cars.
In the office you can see images taken during their visit to the White House in Washington and the framed thank-you-letter from Michelle Obama. Photos of stars, politicians, and artists who put their trust in their firm. Photos of whom? It would be a spoiler. Come and see it yourself.
As neglected wrecks they once arrived at the garage. Months and months later, they see their first street daylight when hitting the road, perky, blushing and gorgeous as in their younger years, just like Chevrolet once intended.
- Departure/Starting Time
- Monday - Friday at 09.30am and at 02.00pm
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, Spanish
Door to door transport. You will be picked up from and brought to your location in Havana.
Panoramic city tour in an American Vintage Car on the way to the garage. The drive in classic car is approximately one hour and 15 minutes.
Guided tour (about 45 minutes) in the restoration workshop with English interpreter.
Cuban coffee and mineral water.
- In case of cancellation made between 7-3 days before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 2-1 days before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 80% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
- For your comfort, we manage a maximum of 4 passengers (+ driver) per car.
- The ride in classic car is what is called a panoramic tour. It means that from the car you’ll see some of Havana's landmarks, but you do not enter them. However, if you want to and the available time allows it, ask the driver. In the event that an entrance fee will be charged, you can pay on the spot.
- Our drivers are drivers. They are professional, experienced and guarantee safe transport. However, they are not tour guides and not all are multilingual.
Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.