Swimming with Dolphins
Swimming with Dolphins
To swim, play and interact with dolphins or just to encounter these cheerful creatures? That’s the question.
There are two excursions in which dolphins play a role. The other published tour Crucero del Sol is a sort of cruise by catamaran with the emphasis on sailing, snorkeling, beach time and a nice lunch. A brief encounter with dolphins has been scheduled, during which you can touch and caress them, rewarded by a hug and a big kiss, and that’s it.
However, if you want the real work, the thrill and intensive interaction with dolphins, opt for this excursion “Swimming with Dolphins”.
After pick up in the hotel lobbies, a transfer bus will drive you to Marina Gaviota (situated at the very end of the peninsula), where you will go aboard and navigate northeastwards to Cayo Blanco, one of the many tropical keys belonging to the Cuban archipelago. While sailing, cocktails and snacks are available, as well as included, and because all over Cuba music sounds somewhere, there will be no exception here on board.
There will be moored at Rancho Cangrejo (Crab Ranch); a natural, open sea dolphinarium and a demarcated part of the ocean. Actually it is more an aqua circus arena, as the dolphins are true acrobats, turning you in one as well.
The (circus) spectacle lasts 30 minutes long and is generously filled with aerobatics, hugs and kisses. It is the most intensive way to have (one-to-one) contact with these singular animals, to frolic with them and to wish that this happiness never would go past.
So, in order to answer the initial question, the encounter with dolphins as in the Crucero del Sol is something like a starter (or the dessert), whereas Swimming with Dolphins is the full menu; appetizer, main and sweet course.
Availability and Prices
- Recommended for
- Dolphin encounter
- Departure/Starting Time
- Group excursion: Between 08:15 and 09:20 - Daily
- Departure location
- Group excursion
- English, Spanish
Included in price
- Transfer by air-conditioned bus.
- Professional, multilingual guide.
- Program according to description.
- All drinks on board (soft drinks, beer and Cuban cocktails), and snacks.
- 30 Minutes swimming and interacting with dolphins.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific hotels. If your hotel is located in between the ones mentioned, you will be collected within that time window. Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
08:15 A.M. - Puntarena - Varazul
08:20 A.M. - Sunbeach - Dos Mares
08:25 A.M. - Starfish Cuatro Palmas - Be Live Experience
08:35 A.M. - Sol Club Sirenas/Coral - Bella Costa
08:45 A.M. - Meliá las Américas - Labranda Varadero
08:55 A.M.- Brisas del Caribe - Starfish Varadero
09:05 A.M. - Royal Hicacos - Patriarca
09:15 A.M. - Memories Varadero - Iberostar Alameda
09:20 A.M. - Princesa del Mar - Cayo Libertad
- The type of vessel to be used during the sea trip will depend on availability and on the number of participants.
- All participants must wear a life vest. Specific guidelines will be given by the trainers; participants have to follow these instructions.
- Children between 0-6 years of age are free of charge, and will swim under the supervision of their parents, according to the instructions of the coach.
- We recommend putting on your swimwear in your hotel, before boarding bus and boat.
- If a brief encounter with dolphins meets your desire, please check on the excursion Crucero del Sol. For about the same price, you will sail aboard a catamaran, snorkel and enjoy a lobster lunch, with the opportunity to pet the dolphins (kiss & hug).
- At this time, the Cuban authorities will not permit any person of Cuban citizenship, regardless of dual nationality or country of residence, from embarking or disembarking at any Cuban port, without official permission
- Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you..