The Maria La Gorda International Diving Center is located in the western most part of Cuba, in the Great Natural Park Guanahacabibes, declared a UNESCO Natural Biosphere Reserve. A remote and beautiful location.
Crystal, transparent and warm waters, without strong currents, characterize the two most important diving areas in Maria La Gorda (one north and one south). These sites are among the most privileged ten in Latin America. Visitors have the opportunity to witness wildlife in excellent condition and dives down through vertical coral walls.+ Read more
The configuration of the bottom is scaled, allowing multilevel diving. All sites are within a short distance from the shore and just minutes from the hotel. Abundant black coral walls, flora and fauna in excellent condition, no currents due to its geographical position, diving facilitated all year round. Caves in the ocean and on land for practicing cave and cavern diving.
A sunken ship in the eighteenth century and exploring tunnels and caves are some of the most attractive options. Sharks, rays, turtles and amazing legends of pirates complete the scenery.
We offer different packages for diving in Maria la Gorda and for those who are beginners in this activity, Introductory Diving Courses are offered (no Certification included) and Scuba Diving courses that guarantee an International Certification (CMAS, SSI and PADI). This International Diving Center counts with highly qualified dive instructors.
- Recommended for
- Snorkeling, Swimming and Seafood
- Departure/Starting Time
- According to reservation schedule
- Departure location
- María La Gorda Diving Center
- English, Spanish
- Activity level
• Weights, tanks, boat, dive guide.
Not included in price
• Add’l equipment rental, gratuities.
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
• Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Duration: 45 minutes per dives
- Up to 3 daily dives available in this destination, specific locations pending weather conditions.
- Frequency: The dive sites are very close to the hotel. The dive boat goes out three times daily. Night diving departures depend on demand and it would be only 1.
- For Diving Activities it will be mandatory the presentation of international dive certification and foreign passport. Cuban nationals require previous National Coast Guard authorization to board dive vessels.
- For courses with International Certification, it is required the presentation of foreign passport, signed medical waiver and 2 1″X1″ photos. Cuban nationals require previous National Coast Guard authorization to board dive vessels. Divers completing Advanced (or superior) courses must present their current certification and logbook. Referral course students must bear their duly signed theory/pool paperwork for local presentation.
• Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
• It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.