Private Walk through Trinidad - Heritage and Culture
When we asked our supplier in Central Cuba to compile a City Tour in Trinidad for our clients, their guide suggested the following detailed itinerary - the way he wants to show you his city.+ Read more
We modified the description as little as possible - only shortened it a bit - leaving enough facts and topics to be told during the tour.
Trinidad - the third settlement founded in Cuba in 1514 - was declared a World Heritage Site (1988) given its high degree of preservation. The town treasures a socio-cultural and economic history for more than five centuries. Today, its winding streets, colonial architecture and converged cultures still let you perceive its unique atmosphere.
- 09.00am (or 02.00pm). Your guide Santiago (coincidentally, his name is similar to a Cuban city in the east), will meet you at the scale model (maquette) of Trinidad. The building is easy to find, (intersection Colón and Macéo, in front of restaurant El Colonial [see also below remarks]). Next, en route and following the asymmetric streets, Santiago starts telling you relevant facts and stories.
- Approximately half an hour later, walking along Macéo (Gutiérrez) to Piro Guinart (Boca) you´ll reach Plaza del Jigüe, (the foundation square). Again, Santiago will explain aspects related to the predominant architecture, the preservation of buildings, socio-cultural centers and the characteristics of the first inhabitants as well as of the current ones. The lively and vibrant tavern "Canchánchara" is the following stop, serving you a typical drink. Both cocktail and inn carry their own history, the guide will tell you about it.
- At approximately 10.30am (or 03.30pm) it´s time to follow Trinidad’s first street (Calle Real del Jigüe) until the intersection with Simón Bolívar (Desengaño) where the memorable Plaza Mayor is located. A visit to one of its museums is on the agenda.
- Around 11.30am (or 04.30pm) as you are in the beating and historical heart of the tiny town, several cultural centers are just a few steps away (Casa de la Música, Casa de la Trova, Palenque de los Congos Reales).
- At about 12:30pm (or 05.30pm) Santiago will bring you to your accommodation (if within walking distance), unless… you decide to stay and chill out at one of the terraces adjacent to the old stone city steps (La Escalinata).
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- 09:00am and 02:00pm
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, Spanish
- Professional multilingual guide.
- Program according description.
- Transportation to and from the meeting point, (see remarks).
- Other consumptions.
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Daily at 09.00am and 02.00pm
Participants staying outside Trinidad´s city center (in hotels at Playa Ancon or in hotels Las Cuevas or Ma Dolores) can easily take a taxi to the Meeting Point, address: Maqueta de Trinidad - (street) Calle Maceo esquina Colon, in front of restaurant El Colonial.
If you stay in:
- Hoteles E - Meson de Regidor
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad
- Casa Colonial 1830
- Casa Barmarin
- Hoteles E - La Ronda
...the guide can pick you up at your accommodation, in this case please notify us, otherwise you easily walk to the Meeting Point, and start from there.
- Photocopy passport.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
We are here to help
Hola! Are you interested in a tailor-made tour to Cuba? Don't hesitate to contact us.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.