Private Tour to the Viñales Valley
Private Tour to the Viñales Valley
Many visitors with a stay of a few days in Havana, decide to leave the city walls for one day and head to the Viñales Valley. Probably the best choice you can make, and even more with your own private chauffeur and multilingual guide at the same time.
After a drive of about 2 hours, the landscape becomes greener. The relative plain turns into a nature sculpture of karst formations, called Mogotes; robust, capped mountains, sometimes almost square, which radiate a sort of kindness due to their corpulent form. They surround a lovely valley with rich, red earth and majestic palm trees. This is one of Cuba’s most fertile areas and where some of the world’s best tobacco is grown, harvested, dried and processed.
The tobacco plant reaches its full height between November and February. Once the harvest is over, other crops are planted such as malanga, yucca, corn etc until October.
In 1999, the Viñales Valley was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site. A voyage through this beautifully verdant land which has preserved traditional (country) life shows you why.
Points of interest include a visit to the “Casa del Veguero” (the Tobacco Farmer’s House), surrounded by tobacco plantations, provides a mini-education on the subject. The 120-meter tall replica of prehistoric paintings on a “mogote” and a boat trip on a river through a cave are fun and educational: they explain the evolution of life in the Sierra de los Órganos (mountain range) where the valley is located. There is an awe-inspiring panoramic view from the viewpoint close to Hotel Los Jazmines.
Since it is a private tour, there is enough flexibility to pay attention to your personal interest. Chat with the people, watch them playing dominoes on the central square, and observe the peaceful daily life of a rural society.
A homemade lunch will be served in a private restaurant (Paladar) in Viñales. This does not only guarantee a delicious meal with fresh ingredients from own garden, it also gives you better insight into the daily Cuban (farm) life.
Availability and Prices
- Recommended for
- UNESCO World Heritage site
- Departure/Starting Time
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Transportation per air-conditioned Jeep or SUV
- Program according to description.
- Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
- Other refreshments.
- Optional activities that are not described in the program (e.g. horseback riding).
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Daily from 08.00am
- A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the Jeep/SUV, all cars are insured.
- Children are more than welcome on this tour. However, the discount for an additional person sharing the Jeep exceeds the established child discount, for which it is more economic to book children as adults. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, only car seats are not available.
- Published prices are valid for pick-up at the hotels in Havana City. It is also possible to participate the tour with pick-up in hotels outside the city (at the eastern beaches; Playa del Este) against a supplement and on request.
- If you want to visit the Viñales Valley as part of a group, please check on our site the group excursion (by bus) to this destination.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.