Private Tour to Cienfuegos and El Nicho (Culture, History and Nature)
It only takes one beach-day to discover Cuba´s real identity, formed by history, architecture, culture, nature and daily life in the province.+ Read more
The distance to be covered is rather long, which implies an early departure at the same time the sun will rise. Immediately after leaving Varadero, complete different communities and landscape will be revealed when passing the provincial towns of Cárdenas, Carlos Rojas, Jovellanos, La Isabel and Aguada de Pasajeros on your way to Cienfuegos.
Like several other Cuban cities, Cienfuegos is situated at a bay and its historic center has been declared World Heritage Site (2005) by UNESCO. Yet the Pearl of the South (Cienfuegos nickname) is unique, mainly characterized by its architecture and urban planning. Unlike cities as Trinidad, Havana and Santiago de Cuba, Cienfuegos was founded centuries later (1819) by French immigrants from Bordeaux and Louisiana who garnished the city with a different elegance.
A panoramic city tour will introduce you the languid Parque José Martí, the center on which Cienfuegos turns and flanked by government buildings, a cathedral, art gallery and the Teatro Tomás Terry. The Palacio de Valle, with arched windows, Moorish tile work and details throughout is like a Middle Eastern palace.
The huge backyard of Cienfuegos hides the nature wonder El Nicho, where numerous waterfalls splatter, rivers flow beneath their rustic bridges and where ferns and wild orchids lushly flourish. Enjoy your hike on the trail ¨Sendero de las Mariposas¨ and rejuvenate when swimming in natural pools.
After a countryside lunch and some afterglow of this natural beauty, it is time to return to Varadero. The travel distance is approximately 190km (118mi), but should be interpreted as an additional informative part of the program and not merely as transport. After all, once back in heavenly Varadero, you only have to laze.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Private tour: 06:30 - Daily
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Included in price
- Transportation per BAIC BJ40 Jeep (or 4 doors medium car).
- Program (and entrance fees) according to description.
- Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
Not included in price
- Other refreshments.
- Optional activities that are not described in the program.
- Expenditure of personal nature.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
- A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the car. Cars are insured.
- This trip will be conducted in a BAIC BJ40 Jeep, an air-conditioned Jeep, 2-doors, which can accommodate up to three adults of normal height and size, as well as the driver / guide. If your party consists of four people, a 4-doors medium car will be used.
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults.
- Published ¨Prices From¨ are based on the participation of two persons. When sharing the vehicle with three or four people, reductions will apply.
- Don’t forget to bring swimwear and a pair of sturdy shoes or sneakers if you choose to swim and hike in El Nicho.
- Given the early departure, you can request in the majority of the hotels an early breakfast.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.