Private City Tour: Walk and Drive (in a Classic Car)
See some of the city´s main attractions with this stylish two-hour ride. This exclusive drive is followed by a one-hour walking tour through the historical and colonial district, Old Havana (Habana Vieja), which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.+ Read more
It´s a so-called ´panoramic tour´ because you will pass by many landmarks but not enter them. This is a perfect introduction to Havana and to see a little of what Havana has to offer, to revisit it later individually with more time and leisure.
The ride in the classic car will take you along the Malecón, the beautiful seaside boulevard of Havana. Its seafront wall is an important social, inspiring, and romantic spot for all Habanero´s. Except for strolling along the Malecón, there is no other appropriate way to pass this coastal road in style than in a classic car.
You will also ride along the streets of Miramar. This residential area is one of Havana´s most upscale districts. Its stately avenues are lined with embassies, mansions, and towering and flowering trees.
The tour will also bring you to The Revolution Square (Plaza de la Revolución). This large zone encompasses an area of approximately 72,000 m2. The creation of the square was started in 1953 and completed in 1959. It was originally called Plaza Cívica but was renamed to Plaza de la Revolución shortly after the triumph of the Cuban Revolution.
A walk through the historical old town, Habana Vieja, is like a visit to an open air museum. The majority of interesting sights can be explored on foot as the district is predominantly pedestrian.
After the guided walk through Habana Vieja, your tour will come to a conclusion. The return to your hotel is not included but who would want to go back to their hotel now? Enjoy lunch or a drink on a terrace in Habana Vieja and capture the essence of this remarkable city.
After an intensive restoration of the first vintage car (2012), it was simple injustice to sell this new family member, who even had been baptized (Nadine). But the investment had to be recovered and so a hobby became a business, and a passion the daily bread; the private family-enterprise NostalgiCar was born.
More than two dozen of shiny polished vintage cars sparkle early in the morning in the garage, ready to hit the road. Although some original engines were replaced by a more efficient Japanese one, their appealing glamor remains and their original design, pieces and interior are well-preserved and authentic.
We have chosen NostalgiCar for various reasons; their professionalism and passion are the most important ones. Our confidence was corroborated when years later John Kerry, former President Obama and his family, and Madonna also choose NostalgiCar for their personalized city tour in Havana.
For climatic reasons (high temperatures, precipitation), but also to minimize air pollution and solar UV-radiation, NostalgiCar only drives their passengers in (air-conditioned) hardtop roof-cars.
Availability and PRICES
- Departure/Starting Time
- 10:00am or 02:00pm
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, Italian, Portugese, Russian, Spanish
- Two-hour panoramic drive in vintage car (no cabriolet) with chauffeur. A maximum driving distance of 40km is included.
- One hour walking tour through Old Havana
- Pick-up at specified hotel
- Multilingual guide (3 hours)
- Return transfer to your hotel
- Refreshments, lunch
- Entrance fees
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Daily at 10.00am and 02.00pm
- One Classic Car can accommodate up to three passengers, plus the guide and the driver. In case your travel party consists of 1 to 3 participants, you will share one car, 4 to 6 passengers will occupy 2 cars.
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults. Children do count as an additional person sharing the vehicle, resulting in a similar discount. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, however car seats mostly are not available.
- The tour can basically start at any time. We have decided to publish a departure at 10:00am/hours in the morning (between breakfast and lunch), and 02.00pm/14.00hours. Do you prefer a different time however, feel free to send us your request. It is advisable not to leave far before 09.00am (09.00 hours) or later than 04.00pm (16.00 hours) due to local conditions (traffic, early twilight in winter).
- Temperatures are highest during the hours around noon.
- As mentioned, the tour ends at Havana´s historic downtown (return to your hotel is not included). Take advantage of this location and explore more and individually this breathtaking part of Cuba´s capital. Together with the cinematic drive, makes it a five- star visit.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
We are here to help
Hola! Are you interested in a tailor-made tour to Cuba? Don't hesitate to contact us.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.