Private City Tour: Walk and Drive (in a Classic Car)
Private City Tour - Walk & Drive (in a Classic Car)
See some of the city's top sights on this stylish two-hour ride. You leave with a driver and a guide. The first says goodbye after two hours. The latter stays an hour longer to walk together through historic Havana (Habana Vieja), declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
It´s a so-called ´panoramic tour´ because you will pass by landmarks but not enter them. A perfect introduction to Havana. Later on, you can revisit some places, at your own pace
Visit the Revolution Square (Plaza de la Revolución). This large zone encompasses an area of approximately 72,000 m2. It was created in the ‘50s, the same decade that the Chevrolet you are driving in, was manufactured.
Continuing towards the districts Vedado and Nuevo Vedado you'll pass Cementerio de Cristóbal Colón (1876), one of the most impressive cemeteries in the world. The fairytale-like road along the Almendares River crosses the entire city forest and brings you to Miramar, Havana’s youngest district. A residential area with stately avenues which are lined with embassies, mansions, and towering and flowering trees.
The classic car drives you stylishly over the Malecón, the striking seaside boulevard of Havana. Its seafront wall is an important social, inspiring, and romantic spot for all Habaneros.
The Vedado district was a residential area back in the 30s - 40s, and still is, but it is also a social-cultural center of the capital, very friendly and lively. Green as well, with trees along the streets and with various parks. One is the John Lennon Park.
A walk through the historical part, Habana Vieja, is like a visit to an open-air museum. Together with your guide, the majority of interesting sights can be explored on foot as the district is predominantly pedestrian.
After approximately one hour your tour will come to a conclusion. The return to your accommodation is not included but who would want to go home? Enjoy a meal or a drink (not included) on a terrace in Habana Vieja and raise a toast to this unparalleled city.
Availability and PRICES
- Departure/Starting Time
- Daily at 10:00 am and 02:00 pm
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, Spanish
- Two-hour panoramic drive in vintage car (no cabriolet) with a professional driver and guide. A maximum driving distance of 40km is included
- One hour walking tour through Old Havana
- Pick-up at specified hotel or casa particular
- English speaking guide (3 hours)
Not included in price
- Return transfer to your hotel
- Refreshments, lunch
- Entrance fees
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Daily at 10:00 am and 02:00 pm
- One Classic Car can accommodate up to three passengers, plus the guide and the driver. In case your travel party consists of 1 to 3 participants, you will share one car, 4 to 6 passengers will occupy 2 cars.
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults. Children do count as an additional person sharing the vehicle, resulting in a similar discount. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, however car seats mostly are not available.
- Do you prefer to leave at a different time? Please contact us.
- As mentioned, the tour ends at Havana´s historic downtown (return to your hotel is not included). Take advantage of this location and explore more and individually this breathtaking part of Cuba´s capital. Together with the cinematic drive, makes it a five- star activity.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.