Private City Tour Santiago de Cuba
Known as the ‘Heroic City’ for the contribution of its people during the Cuban revolution and independence wars, Santiago de Cuba is a unique city with multiple layers, where visitors can get in touch with the idiosyncrasies of its people, culture and history. The traditions here have earned Santiago de Cuba the label as Cuba’s most Caribbean destination.+ Read more
Santiago de Cuba’s geography is hot and hilly; its tenor exotic and carnivalesque. With an expert local guide, you’ll discover what makes this city tick. An introductory city tour is good value – both to see the in-town sights and the historic landmarks in the immediate vicinity.
This tour takes you to the Loma de San Juan (San Juan Hill; famous site of Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders’ charge); Moncada Barracks; and Revolution Square. Our guide brings Santiago’s history to life by providing context and sharing stories from the city’s colorful past.
This tour also includes panoramic visits to the sprawling and serene Cemetery Santa Ifigenia (see also under Remarks), Castillo El Moro (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and the Bar Ron Caney (rum).
Free time is scheduled to stroll through Park Céspedes – a gathering spot for Santiagueros young and old to play chess, make music or sit on a bench to gossip and people watch.
Availability and prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Departure location
- Selected hotels in Santiago de Cuba city
- Private Excursion
- English, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
• Transportation in air-conditioned (mini) bus or taxi.
• Program according to description.
• Professional, multilingual guide.
Not included in price
• Lunch and/or other consumptions.
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made within 48 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
• Supplement for taking pictures at the Santa Ifigenia Cemetery must be paid directly at the entrance.
• Published prices are based on an exclusive, private execution.
• Published ¨Prices From¨ are based on the participation of a minimum of 2 to 3 persons. Consists your travel party of 4 to 5 (or more) persons, prices will be lower.
• Published prices are valid for pick-up in the hotels in Santiago de Cuba city. It is also possible to participate the tour with pick-up in hotels outside the city (Hotel Sierra Mar and Galeones, and the hotels in Baconao), the supplement can be requested.
• The published pick-up times for private excursions are recommended departure times. Would you like to leave earlier or later, please let us know
• Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
• It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
We are here to help
Hola! Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.