Private City Tour in Vintage Car - Morning Drive
As the sun rises above the capital, after the kids - in their ironed uniform - left for school and the city dwellers are at work, the panoramic tour will start.+ Read more
Havana´s streets and avenues string the districts together, each with its own style, architecture, character and history. The ride will take you along the Prado promenade, Central Park, the Capitol, the Malecón (the legendary seaside boulevard of Havana), the upscale district Miramar with its stately mansions, the leafy district Vedado, with its numerous parks, the fairy-tale forest along the river Almendares and The Revolution Square (Plaza de la Revolución), of the same generation as the vintage cars.
The tour gives a pretty complete overview of Havana’s beauty and secrets, but feel free in asking to stop wherever you want. Sit on the quay wall of the Malecón, surrounded by the people, enter an agricultural market to buy some seasonal fruit or watch the photo-shoot of two Cuban newlyweds.
After an intensive restoration of the first vintage car (2012), it was simple injustice to sell this new family member, who even had been baptized (Nadine). But the investment had to be recovered and so a hobby became a business, and a passion the daily bread; the private family-enterprise NostalgiCar was born.
More than two dozen of shiny polished vintage cars sparkle early in the morning in the garage, ready to hit the road. Although some original engines were replaced by a more efficient Japanese one, their appealing glamor remains and their original design, pieces and interior are well-preserved and authentic.
We have chosen NostalgiCar for various reasons; their professionalism and passion are the most important ones. Our confidence was corroborated when years later John Kerry, former President Obama and his family, and Madonna also choose NostalgiCar for their personalized city tour in Havana.
For climatic reasons (high temperatures, precipitation), but also to minimize air pollution and solar UV-radiation, NostalgiCar only drives their passengers in (air-conditioned) hardtop roof-cars.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Havana.
- Two-hour panoramic drive in vintage car (no cabriolet) with chauffeur. A maximum driving distance of 40km is included.
- Meals, drinks and personal expenses or entrance fees
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Daily at 10.00am (from August 1, 2017 to October 31, 2018)
- Departure times are defined by us, based on logical practicality, however any desired starting time can be requested, as well as extra driving hours.
- Maximum 4 passengers per car.
- All vintage cars have a hardtop roof.
- Interested in a similar GUIDED city tour? See our Private City Tour: Walk & Drive (in a Classic Car), 3 hours, max. 3 participants per car.
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults. Children do count however as an additional person sharing the vehicle, resulting in a similar discount. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, only car seats are not available.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
We are here to help
Hola! Whether you have a single question or a special request, we're here for you.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re over 50 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.