Popular religiosity and Christian ecumenism
Popular religiosity and Christian ecumenism - Old Havana
A specialized presentation of the peculiar complexity of the religion in Cuba from the diversity of its religious forms and organizations and their noticeable differences.
A tour that will tackle the Cuban popular religiosity based on the historical conditioning of its forms of expression and particularly because of transculturation and religious syncretism. It includes guided visits to churches, temples, synagogues, pilgrimage sites, community projects and theme museums that vouch for the strong Christian movement of renewal for unity and common action committed to the present and future of the nation.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Tuesday–Saturday 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
Included in Price
- Pick-up and drop-off in/at your hotel.
- Visit to the Cathedral of Havana.
- Visit to the Russian Orthodox Church.
- Visit to Las Mercedes Church.
- Visit to Santo Angel Church.
- Entrance to the Old Convent of San Francisco, current Museum of Sacred Art.
- Visit to the Asociación Yoruba de Cuba.
- Multilingual guide.
- Refreshments, lunch.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- The tour can basically start at any time. We have decided to publish a departure at 10:00am/hours in the morning (between breakfast and lunch) and at 02.00pm/14.00hours. Do you prefer a different time however, feel free to send us your request. It is advisable not to leave far before 09.00am (09.00 hours) or later than 04.00pm (16.00 hours) due to local conditions (traffic, early twilight in winter).
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults.
- Temperatures are highest during the hours around noon.
Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.