Office of the Historian, rehabilitation of heritage and social work
Office of the Historian, rehabilitation of heritage and social work - Old Havana
The office of the Historian of the City, as the local authority managing heritage and the coordinating organizations of the comprehensive rehabilitation program for the territory by the political will of the State, leads successfully the recovery and rehabilitation of heritage and, at the same time, it carries out intense social work for the f\benefit of the local population.
This tour will let you have a unique approach to the management model based on self-financing, to the principles supporting the responsible development of tourism in the territory, get to know centres and institutions related to social assistance, and visit the local school of trades.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Tuesday–Friday 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
Included in Price
- Pick-up and drop-off in/at your hotel.
- Visit to the Convent of Our Lady of Belen.
- Walking tour through social centers of the Historical Center (Protected Homes, Workshop Schools, and Rehabilitation Center for children with motor disabilities).
- Visit to the Scale Model of the Historical Center to become acquainted with the area to be visited.
- Multilingual guide.
- Refreshments, lunch.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
The tour can basically start at any time. We have decided to publish a departure at 10:00am/hours in the morning (between breakfast and lunch) and at 02.00pm/14.00hours. Do you prefer a different time however, feel free to send us your request. It is advisable not to leave far before 09.00am (09.00 hours) or later than 04.00pm (16.00 hours) due to local conditions (traffic, early twilight in winter).
Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.