Jeep Safari Yumurí Valley
Jeep Safari Yumurí Valley
Your expedition begins with a bus pick-up at your hotel, from where you’ll be whisked to the departure point. After climbing into the Jeep and taking the wheel, you’ll cover an adventurous route of more than 150km over embankments and dirt roads, passing through quarries, palm groves and rural villages. A snorkeling stop is made at Playa Coral (equipment included), followed by swimming in the Saturn Cave.
The safari continues towards the Valle de Yumurí, a 9666-hectare nature reserve, abounding in endemic flora and fauna. It’s an enchanting landscape, peppered with emblematic Royal Palms – Cuba’s national tree.
Your valley stop is hosted at the Rancho Gaviota, beginning with a welcome cocktail. The guided tour around the cultivated fields and animal breeding areas includes a visit to a farmhouse. A typical Cuban lunch is served; afterwards, you can enjoy nautical activities on the lake or explore the valley on horseback.
In the afternoon, you’re introduced to Matanzas city, known as the “City of Bridges”. Excellent views are guaranteed from the Monserrate Heights.
Last but certainly not least is a 30-minute boat trip through the Río Canímar river valley, distinguished by soaring cliffs covered in lush vegetation and thickets of mangroves.
Availability and prices
- Departure/Starting Time
07.15am - Blau Marina Varadero - Paradisus Varadero
07.30am - Iberostar Varadero - Blau Varadero
07.45am - Meliá las Antillas - Sol Club Palmeras
07.55am - Meliá Varadero - Sol Club Sirenas/Coral
08.05am - Villa Cuba - Herradura
08.15am - Mar del Sur - Oasis
- Departure location
- Departure from hotels located in Varadero
- Group excursion
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
Included in price
- Professional multilingual guide.
- Snorkeling at Playa Coral (equipment included).
- Visit to Saturn Cave. Free time for swimming.
- Tour through the Yumurí Valley.
- Welcome cocktail and typical Cuban lunch at Rancho Gaviota. Free time for horseback riding and nautical activities on the lake.
- Sightseeing tour in Matanzas (Pharmaceutical Museum, Parque de Libertad).
- Visit to Monserrate Heights.
- Boat trip across Canímar River.
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
• Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Group tourbetween 07:15 and 08:15 - Daily
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific hotels. If your hotel is located in between the ones mentioned, you will be collected within that time window. Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
• You can book the Jeep on exclusive basis (version: exclusive jeep), at an additional cost or share the Jeep with other participants, without paying any surcharge (version: shared jeep). One of the participants has to drive in both cases.
If your travel party counts 4 passengers, the Jeep is exclusive anyway, with no further charges.
• All Jeeps have Standard Transmission.
• Drivers must show their driver’s license.
• Jeeps are insured. However, if there is evidence that damage to the car was done on purpose, by neglecting the rules of the tour, or under the influence of any drug or alcohol, the client will be held responsible and will have to pay for all damages.
• Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
• Valid driver´s license, in case you will drive the jeep.
• It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.