Jeep Safari to Comandancia La Plata
On this tour you’ll travel to the very heart of the Sierra Maestra, Cuba’s highest mountain range and birthplace of the Cuban Revolution, to visit the Comandancia La Plata. The majestic nature and unique history on this tour give participants a genuine sense of rebel life during the hard-fought revolution. Traveling deep into the mountains along roads less traveled, with the treasures of Mother Nature all around, is an unforgettable experience.+ Read more
This panoramic tour takes you:
- Through the provincial cities of Contramaestre and Bayamo, and past small, country towns before reaching Bartolome Masó municipality.
- Arrival at Flora & Fauna Information Center.
- Hike to Comandancia La Plata, tour around the historic site.
- Return to starting point Alto del Naranjo.
- Arrival at Alto del Naranjo and departure for Villa Santo Domingo.
- Lunch time, followed by rest and relaxation on the banks of the river.
- Departure to the city.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Group Excursion: 06:00 AM - Daily
- Departure location
- Santiago de Cuba City
- Group excursion
- English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Transportation per jeep
- program according to description
- Professional, multilingual guide
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
- A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the jeep.
- The jeeps are insured and can accommodate up to 3 passengers and the driver/guide. A Supplement can be paid if you want the Jeep exclusively (with the professional driver, but not shared with other participants).
- Sturdy footwear, as well as appropriate clothing are highly recommendable during the hike.
- A normal (or above average) physical condition is required to take part in the hiking portion of this excursion.
- Published prices are valid for pick-up in the hotels in Santiago de Cuba city. It is also possible to participate the tour with pick-up in hotels outside the city (Hotel Sierra Mar and Galeones, and the hotels in Baconao), the supplement can be requested.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
We are here to help
Hola! Are you interested in a tailor-made tour to Cuba? Don't hesitate to contact us.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.