Hemingway's Tale and Trail - Private Tour
Hemingway lived in Cuba on and off for 20 years. His house, "Finca Vigía", was where he wrote (among others) his novel "The Old Man and the Sea", for which he received the Pulitzer Prize in 1953. A year later he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for his body of work. When receiving the Prize, Hemingway declared that the prize belonged not to him, but to Cuba. Indeed: he gifted the medal to Cuba upon receiving it.+ Read more
After pick up at your hotel, the excursion starts with a drive to “La Finca Vigía”, the former residence of the prominent American writer. Next stop is Cojímar (14km from Havana), where Hemingway was inspired to write “The Old Man and the Sea”. A walking tour takes you to Hemingway’s statue, made from old anchors, props, and tools salvaged by local fishermen to cast Hemingway’s statue.
From here, return to the capital to follow Hemingway’s trail in Old Havana, having a peek at room 511 in Hotel Ambos Mundos - where Hemingway used to stay in the 1930s. Breathe the atmosphere of those days, in the restaurant-bars “la Bodeguita del Medio” and “Floridita”, the former is famous for its superb mojitos, the latter for its Daiquiris.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Transportation (including pick-up and drop-off in/at your hotel) per air-conditioned SUV.
- Program and entrance fees according to description.
- Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
- Daiquiri Cocktail in the restaurant-bar Floridita.
- Other refreshments, lunch.
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the vehicle.SUVs are insured.
- Children are more than welcome on this tour. However, the discount for an additional person sharing the Jeep, exceeds the established child discount, for which children can better be booked as adults. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, only car seats are not available.
- STANDARD: The SSANG YOUNG (SUV - 4-Door) accommodates the driver/guide + three participants and their luggage (2 bags [75cmH]). Recommended for up to three adults of average size as well as for a family with (one) child.
- PREMIUM: You´ll travel in a Hyundai Tucson (SUV - 4-Door), seating (apart from the driver/guide) four participants and storing their luggage (2 large [75cmH]) + 1 small bag); ideal for a family with (two) children or four participants of average size.
There are two different car categories/versions:
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.