From Farm to Table
Traditional farming is no exception in Cuba. The country has a huge agro-ecological knowledge, and whereas in other countries sustainable, organic or ecological agriculture may have become a health-trend, generations of Cuban farmers are loyal to their own farming philosophy and methods.+ Read more
Luigi, Antoneddu, Misael, Raidel, Kensys, Kent and Iris are some names behind this green–gastronomic milestone. All are islanders, some come from Italy (Sardinia), others are born and raised Cubans. They cook, make goat cheese, are veterinarian, farmer, guide, engineer or restaurateur. Friendship, knowledge and passion brought them together.
But let´s go to the Farm first - as the title says.
At about half an hour driving from Havana city, the farm "Vista Hermosa" is located in the rural area of Guanabacoa.
A local guide will take you on a walking tour along the grounds where chickens, pigs, goats, ducks freely frolic and gambol around.
Fields with numerous crops are watered and raked, ripe fruits are ready to be picked for consumption. (You will definitely recognize the banana and mango, but try an exotic mamey, cherimoya or loquat).
On farms you find horses, also on “Vista Hermosa”, mount one for a ride to the more remote areas of this extensive ranch. It is equally adventurous to hop on a tractor-trailer, if you’re not a jockey.
After this field trip, after you have learned about Cuban farming and its different stages of food production and after having cherished fresh fruit, it´s time to go to the table. (Earlier, freshly picked products of this agricultural cooperation have found their way to the appetizing restaurant, where Luigi is preparing them for you).
The leafy residential district of Vedado is enriched with a restaurant cooking Mediterranean cuisine using 100% organic and fresh products from Cuba’s soil and sea.
In Restaurante Mediterráneo Havana your 3-course lunch (including several drinks) will be served on ... naturally blue white checkered tablecloths.
Since its opening in 2013, Mediterraneo´s gastronomic triumphs have been recognized and rewarded with several international awards.
Here at your Table ends the trajectory which started earlier at the Farm.
Options and prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Private excursion: 09:30 - Daily
- Departure location
- Vedado, Miramar, Havana
- Private Excursion
- English, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Included in price
- Transportation (including pick-up and drop-off in/at your hotel) per air-conditioned SUV.
- Program according to description.
- Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
- Local guide specialized in agriculture.
- Tasting of fresh fruit and other products, courtesy of the farm.
- Homemade lunch of fresh and 100% natural products in Restaurante Mediterráneo Havana (paladar). 3 Course menu, including cocktail and other drinks.
Not included in price
- Other refreshments.
There are two different car categories/versions:
- STANDARD: The SSANG YOUNG (SUV - 4-Door) accommodates the driver/guide + three participants and their luggage (2 bags [75cmH]). Recommended for up to three adults of average size as well as for a family with (one) child.
- PREMIUM: You´ll travel in a Hyundai Tucson (SUV - 4-Door), seating (apart from the driver/guide) four participants and storing their luggage (2 large [75cmH]) + 1 small bag); ideal for a family with (two) children or four participants of average size.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
- A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the Jeep/SUV, all cars are insured.
- Children are more than welcome on this tour. However, the discount for an additional person sharing the jeep, exceeds the established child discount, for which children can better be booked as adults. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, only car seats are not available.
- It´s wise to wear comfortable and sporty clothes and footwear. (If you want, keep a clean shirt and/or short in the car trunk so you can change before lunch and after the horseback-riding).
- Obviously, the agricultural products may differ per season.
- Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
- It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.