You will visit to El Cobre Church, on top of a small elevation, located in a valley surrounded by the mountains of the Sierra Maestra, a few kilometers from the city of Santiago de Cuba, is the most famous church in Cuba, Pilgrims, faithful and people from all over the country.
In the interior of the temple is the image of the Virgin of the Charity of El Cobre, the same one that according to the legend appeared to three people (the three Juanes) that in a rustic boat, in a storm they prayed to the Virgin Mary for their protection.
Afterwards you will drive back to the Loma de San Juan (San Juan Hill; famous site of Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders’ charge); Moncada Barracks; and Revolution Square. Our guide brings Santiago’s history to life by providing context and sharing stories from the city’s colorful past.
This tour also includes panoramic visits to the sprawling and serene Cemetery Santa Ifigenia, Castillo El Morro (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and the Bar Ron Caney (rum).
- Departure/Starting Time
- Daily 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM
- Departure location
- Santiago de Cuba Hotels
- English, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
• Transportation in air-conditioned (mini) bus or taxi.
• Program according to description.
• Professional, multilingual guide.
Not included in price
• Lunch and/or other consumptions.
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
• Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
• Published prices are valid for pick-up in the hotels in Santiago de Cuba city.
• Supplement for taking pictures at the Santa Ifigenia Cemetery must be paid directly at the entrance.
• Published ¨Prices From¨ are based on the participation of a minimum of 2 to 3 persons. Consists your travel party of 4 to 5 (or more) persons, prices will be lower.
• The published pick-up times for private excursions are recommended departure times. Would you like to leave earlier or later, please let us know.
• Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
• It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
Want to go to Cuba?
Perfecto! We would love to help you. Please contact us for a quote:Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.