Crucero del Sol: Catamaran and Dolphins from Cayo Santa María
Australia´s waters harbor world´s largest barrier reef, and you are about to meet the second largest one, at only 100 meters from the coast.
Cayo Santa Maria is part of archipelago Jardines del Rey and so is Cayo Las Brujas, where the marina is situated. Here, the modern and comfortable (French) catamarans are ready to sail offshore after everyone has boarded. The vessels are spacious and despite the number of participants, each will find a comfortable spot. Free cool drinks are available all day long.
+ Read more
- An extraordinary underwater ecosystem is the wonderland of hundreds of species of fish in magnificent colors, and even more different kinds of coral and sponges. 45 Minutes of snorkeling will show you panoramas, which you usually only see on pictures in the world above the sea level.
- A huge sandbank in the middle of the sea created a natural and virgin beach, where you actually never want to leave. Time to daydream, tan or swim.
- Really unique about the performance of several catamaran tours in Cuba, is the exclusive opportunity to interact with dolphins (approximately 20 minutes), this alone makes participation good value for money. Standing in shallow natural water you can touch, pet and hug them, being rewarded with a dolphin´s kiss.
- A maritime morning makes one feeling hungry. Lunch (lobster, chicken or pasta) will be served in the dolphinarium´s restaurant.
- There is a time to come and a time to sail back. Traverse tranquil over these dazzling waters, smell the sea and feel the sky.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Daily from 07.45am (from Thursday, February 1, 2018 to Wednesday, October 31, 2018)
- Departure location
- Hotels in Cayo Santa María
- Private or group excursion
- English, Spanish
- Transfer by bus (travel time between Cayo Santa Maria and Cayo Las Brujas is approximately 20 minutes).
- Program according to description.
- Lunch (see also Remarks).
- All drinks (soft drinks, beer and Cuban cocktails).
- Nautical equipment (non-motorized) and means of protection are included for snorkeling and sailing.
In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
Pick-up schedule group excursion
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific hotels. If your hotel is located in between the ones mentioned, you will be collected within that time window. Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
Departure from hotel, or hotels located between:
Valentin Perla Blanca - Warwick Cayo Sta Maria: 07.45am
Eurostar Cayo Santa Maria - Melia Buenavista: 08.00am
Iberostar Ensenachos: 08.15am
- Children between 0-6 years of age are free of charge on the group excursion.
- The sequence of the excursion may be changed if local circumstances will require so.
Regarding the group excursion, the catamaran will be shared with participants of different nationalities.
- During dolphin-training sessions, it may not be possible to interact with the dolphins. The price may be adjusted accordingly.
- Outside of lobster season, the seafood menu will contain a combination of fish and shrimp.
- Lunch consists of lobster, shrimp or fish, chicken and pasta. If you prefer a vegetarian meal, you will have to notify this in advance to our local representative or send us an email.
- We recommend putting on your swimsuit in your hotel, before boarding the boat.
At this time, the Cuban authorities will not permit any person of Cuban citizenship, regardless of dual nationality or country of residence, from embarking or disembarking at any Cuban port, without official permission.
Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.
We are here to help
Hola! Are you interested in a tailor-made tour to Cuba? Don't hesitate to contact us.Get in touch with us
Why book with Cuba Travel Network
- We’re 30 Cuban professionals with international standards of service.
- Each year we help more than 50,000 travelers from over 150 countries.
- Largest network of trusted Cuba partners to get you where others can't.
- Tailor made experts – any itinerary is possible with any budget. We’ll most definitely meet your travel expectations.