City tour Havana
City Tour Havana
This city tour is also called a panoramic tour, since you’ll see all the landmarks mentioned, though not necessarily enter each one. Thanks to knowledgeable guides and careful planning, this makes a perfect introduction to Havana.
If you divide the capital in two parts, you will get Old Havana, largely car-free so you will visit this part on foot. This historic and colonial center is an open air museum of architecture, art and culture – a real treat for history and culture buffs. The other half is called modern Havana, but certainly not less interesting, just very urban and genuine, with definitely historical highlights, although from a later era.
Listed on the agenda, in random order: Plaza San Francisco de Asís - Plaza de la Catedral - Plaza Vieja - Plaza de Armas - Palacio de los Capitanes Generales (City Museum) - Capitol - Parque Central - Bar-restaurant Floridita and Bodeguito del medio - University of Havana - Plaza de la Revolución (Revolution Square) and the boulevard Malecón.
The Parque Morro- Cabaña was one of the greatest defenses ever built by the Spaniards in what was then called the New World. The fort is on the other side of Havana Bay and offers spectacular views over the city.
So you see that you can witness a lot in just 3 hours, and after this orientation… you revisit the landmarks of your interest at your own pace and with your own compass.
Availability and prices
- Recommended for
- UNESCO World Heritage site
- Departure/Starting Time
Group excursion: between 09:00 and 09:30
Weekly: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday
Private excursion: Daily 09.00 or 02.00pm
- Departure location
- Havana (Old Havana, Miramar, Vedado)
- Private or group excursion
- English, Spanish
- Activity level
- Light (walking and light hiking)
Included in price
• Transportation in air-conditioned bus (group excursion), or in (air-conditioned) taxi/minibus in case of a private excursion.
• Professional, multilingual guide.
• Program according to description.
Not included in price
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
Pick-up schedule and Itinerary
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel (and city district) along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific locations. You will be collected within the designated time window, with a possible time range from 15 minutes (due to e.g. traffic conditions). Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
Departure from hotels located in city district:
- 09.30am and 02.30pm - Habana Vieja (Old Havana)
- 09.15am and 02.15pm - Vedado
- 09.00am and 02.00pm - Miramar
Private or group excursion?
- This excursion can be booked as a groups excursion (shared with international visitors, and on predetermined departure days and times), as well as on a private and exclusive base (with flexible departure days and times).
- Children are more than welcome on the PRIVATE tour. However, the discount for an additional person sharing the excursion exceeds the established child discount, for which children can better be booked as adults. Infants (0-2 years) travel free.
- Booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule in case of group excursions), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.