Architecture within the city walls and the urban tissue
Architecture within the city walls and the urban tissue - Old Havana
Born as a polycentric settlement and with an urban layout defined by its condition of port of call, Old Havana preserves valuable architecture from a period of almost five centuries and has representative examples of its different construction periods.
Under the aegis of the eclectic ensemble and within manifest coherence, the tour will show the urban image of the historic centre to identify the presence of several styles, the harmonic dialogue among buildings from the Republican period with their colonial background and a compact urban tissue with semi-irregular blocks and narrow streets. It includes the visit to the Historic Centre Model.
Availability and Prices
- Departure/Starting Time
- Tuesday–Sunday 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Departure location
- Private Excursion
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Activity level
- Easy (light walking)
Included in Price
- Pick-up and drop-off in/at your hotel.
- Walk through the streets of Old Havana to contemplate the valuable architecture of a period of almost 5 centuries, the varied example of different periods of construction, the presence of various styles and the harmonious dialogue between buildings of the Republican era with its colonial background and a compact urban tissue with semiregular blocks and narrow streets.
- Visit to the Scale Model of the Historical Center.
- Multilingual guide.
- Refreshments, lunch.
- In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
- Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
- The tour can basically start at any time. We have decided to publish a departure at 10:00am/hours in the morning (between breakfast and lunch) and at 02.00pm/14.00hours. Do you prefer a different time however, feel free to send us your request. It is advisable not to leave far before 09.00am (09.00 hours) or later than 04.00pm (16.00 hours) due to local conditions (traffic, early twilight in winter).
- Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults.
- Temperatures are highest during the hours around noon.
Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.