Las Terrazas: Everything you need to relax
The great attraction of Las Terrazas is the vibrant nature in which the community lives and protects. You too, as a visitor, become part of the growing ecotourism of this beautiful reserve. The environment is spectacular for hiking, climbing, biking, boating, swimming in crystal clear streams, or bird watching. This area also boasts some of the highest quality coffee in Cuba, which you can discover on a tour through the plantations. The clean air of Las Terrazas smells like pinewood and is humid with moisture from the remarkable plant life.
Polo Montañez, one of the most renowned musicians of Cuban trova music, lived in Las Terrazas. The Guajiro Natural (Natural Countryman), as he was known inside and outside the country, composed some of his best songs in the nature of his town: “Flor pálida” (Pale Flower) and “Si se enamora de mí” (If she falls in love with me). Even today, fans visit his house, which has been turned into a museum.
If you want a souvenir to remember your trip to Las Terrazas, take one of the painting workshops offered in the area. Here the landscape is everything, and after your painting class you can take home a beautiful view of Las Terrazas in oil.
Not to miss
- Zip lining. The adrenaline with natural serenity below you is a good combination.
- Souvenir shopping. Explore the local art studios, you will find wonders made from wood or painted in oil.
- Bird watching. The variety of species that live here will delight any lover of these colorful animals.
- Cycling: You’ll be on a "route" surrounded by incomparable natural majesty, so you can enjoy the beauty of nature while you exercise.
- Visit the old coffee plantations. The tour is very enjoyable and you can ask the farmers themselves the history of the place.
- Visit the San Juan Baths. This is a spot where many Cubans go on their days off, due to its proximity to Havana. An ideal place to make new friends.
How to get there
Las Terrazas is 104 kilometers from Pinar del Río, the town that is the namesake of the province it belongs to. It’s a natural reserve surrounded by untouched nature located very close to Havana, only 80 kilometers away. The José Martí International Airport is the closest airport and is located in the capital.
Get inspired for a visit to Las Terrazas
- Your trip, your way
- Booked and organised in Cuba
- Our local roots, we live in Cuba
- 24/7 support by our local hosts