The Valley of Viñales is greener than green and serener than serene. [more]
★ Pick up at 08.00am by your driver/guide. The urban panorama of Havana gradually changes into a pastoral landscape with farms and windowless tobacco drying barns.
★ Early homemade breakfast and departure to the starting point of the trail ¨Del Infierno al Paraiso¨ (from Hell to Paradise). It is a beautiful scenic route and one of the most breathtaking places of Cuba. Hiking, you´ll reach the community Los Acuáticos, where nature and tradition are inextricably and harmoniously interconnected.
There are two different jeep categories, namely:
• The BAIC BJ40 accommodates the driver/guide + three participants and their luggage. Up to three people can travel comfortably, as well as a family with (one) child.
• The BYD S6 (SUV) seats (apart from the driver/guide) four participants and stores their luggage (2 big + 1 small bag); ideal for a family with (two) children or four participants of average size.
Included in price
• Transportation per air-conditioned jeep (4-seater or 5-seater jeep according to reservation).
• Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
• Program (and entrance fees) according to description, i.a.:
- Visit tobacco factory Francisco Donatién, Pinar del Rio City.
- Visit Finca ¨El Pinar¨ Alejandro Robaina, San Luis, Pinar del Rio (Province).
- 1.5 Hours horseback riding, Viñales Valley.
- 4 to 5 Hour hike to the community Los Acuáticos de Viñales, including transportation to / from start point trail.
- Brief visit to Las Terrazas.
• Meals: Day 1. lunch, dinner. Day 2. breakfast, lunch.
• Overnight in a Casa Particular (homestay) in a double or single room with private bathroom.
Not included in price
• Other consumptions and refreshments.
• Optional activities that are not described in the program.
• Expenditure of personal nature.
• A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the jeep, jeeps are insured.
• Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults. Children do count as an additional person sharing the jeep, resulting in a similar discount. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, however car seats and cots are often not available.
• Published ¨Prices From¨ are based on the participation of two persons. When sharing the jeep with three or four people, reductions will apply.
• Triple rooms are not bookable on this tour. In the case of an uneven number of participants, twin and single rooms should be booked.
• Don’t forget to pack a pair of sturdy shoes, suitable for the hike and other activities. In the winter months it can cool down somewhat in the valley, as well as drizzle more than elsewhere in Cuba. Comfortable (sport) clothing is just fine.
• The outdoors activities require a normal, but good physical condition, especially during the hike on the second day. The exclusive and private nature of this tour, however, makes that nothing is obligatory.
• The tobacco-growing season only runs from October to February, during the rest of the year, other crops will be cultivated.
• The program can be subject to changes due to local conditions (e.g. closure due to reparations, or other circumstances, weather conditions, etc.).
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
• Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Documents required for this excursion
• Valid and original (no copy) ID (passport).
• Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.