This exclusive jeep tour - with your private driver/guide - brings out the best of Cuba. [more]
When leaving Havana, it seems as if you are driving back, in time though as you´re definitely riding forwards. The contrast between Cuba´s countryside and its cities (such as Havana) is not only striking, but also very interesting. The distance to Cienfuegos is approximately 243km (151miles), hitting first the expressway.
★ Homemade breakfast on the patio, porch or in the kitchen of your Casa Particular.
There are two different jeep categories, namely:
• The BYD S6 seats (apart from the driver/guide) four participants and stores their luggage (2 big + 1 small bag); ideal for a family with (two) children or four participants of average size.
• The BAIC BJ40 accommodates the driver/guide + three participants and their luggage. Up to three people can travel comfortably, as well as a family with (one) child.
Included in price
• Transportation per air-conditioned jeep (4-seater or 5-seater jeep according to reservation).
• Program (and entrance fees) according to description.
• Professional, multilingual driver/guide.
• Day 1. cocktail, lunch.
• Day 2. breakfast, cocktail, lunch.
• Overnight in a Casa Particular (homestay) in a double or single room with private bathroom.
Not included in price
• Dinner (Day 1. and 2.), other consumptions and refreshments.
• Optional activities that are not described in the program.
• Expenditure of personal nature.
• A professional driver, and your guide at the same time, will drive the jeep, jeeps are insured.
• Children are very welcome on this tour, only child discount is not applicable, for which they have to be booked as adults. Children do count as an additional person sharing the jeep, resulting in a similar discount. Infants (0-2 years) travel free, however car seats and cots are often not available.
• Published ¨Prices From¨ are based on the participation of two persons. When sharing the jeep with three or four people, reductions will apply.
• Triple rooms are not bookable on this tour. In the case of an uneven number of participants, twin and single rooms should be booked.
• Don’t forget to bring swimwear and a pair of sturdy shoes or sneakers if you choose to swim and hike in El Nicho.
• The program can be subject to changes due to local conditions (e.g. closure due to reparations, weather conditions, etc.).
• Che Guevara´s memorial and museum in Santa Clara are closed on Mondays. Therefore, this jeep tour has no departure scheduled on Sundays, so that this closure will not affect one of the highlights of this program.
• In addition to the published drop-off places Havana or Varadero, you can optionally also end this jeep tour in Trinidad or in Santa Clara. Santa Clara is a perfect base to travel further on to e.g. Cayo Santa Maria. The driver/guide can help you to find a suitable taxi, which will drive you to this gorgeous beach area (distance aprox 113km).
What to do in Trinidad at night?
• Private restaurant Sol Ananda, a beautiful building, located at the Plaza Mayor, furnished in colonial style. Extensive menu with Cuban-fusion dishes.
Address: Ruben Martinez Villena (Calle Real) # 45 Esquina Simon Bolivar (Calle Desengaño).
• Private restaurant San Jose, Cuban and Italian cuisine. Popular restaurant, reservation strongly advised.
Address: Maceo (Gutierrez) # 382 entre Colon y Smith.
• Private restaurant La Redacción, recently opened in a colonial building (once the redaction of a newspaper). Possibility to dine at the patio. International cuisine, specialty seafood.
Address: Maceo (Gutierrez) # 463 entre Simon Bolivar (Desengaño) y Fco. Javier Zerquera (Rosario).
Music, Drinks and Dancing
• La Escalinata is Trinidad´s nightlife center. Every evening (at about 08.00 – 08.30 pm) a salsa band will play live music at the old stone city steps (near the church). Dance or sit on the stairs or on one of the terraces, and simply watch. A small entrance fee can be levied, depending on the kind of event. Afterwards, follow the stairs which will lead you to the Casa de la Musica.
• Casa de la Trova (entrance aprox. CUC 1) hosts salsa bands and troubadours, located at only 100 meters from the city stairs. On your way you will pass the Palenque de los Congos Reales, with mainly Afro-Cuban music.
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made between 48 and 24 hours before the departure time, a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
• Cancellations reported within 24 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 100% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Documents required for this excursion
• Valid and original (no copy) ID (passport).
• Printed voucher, sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.