Visitors who are interested in exploring the entire island, but who lack sufficient time to do so, should consider this excursion. In two days, you’ll experience three cultural and historical cities (Cienfuegos – Trinidad – Santa Clara). A comfortable bus tour combines with an active nature program in the Sierra del Escambray, and includes an overnight in the tranquil mountain village of Topes de Collantes (800m above sea level). A jeep or Russian off-road 4x4 truck will drive you into the mountains. From here, participants continue on foot downhill towards the restaurant La Gallega , enjoying refreshing (sometimes bracing!) waterfalls and rivers en route. [more]
• Pick up at your hotel and departure by bus to Santa Clara to visit the museum and mausoleum of Ernesto Che Guevara.
• Breakfast and transport via jeeps or 4x4 Russian truck into the mountains: Topes de Collantes – Charco Azul – Guanayara.
Included in price
• Transportation in air-conditioned bus (group excursion), or in (air-conditioned) taxi/minibus in case of a private excursion.
• Professional, multilingual guides.
• Program according to description.
• Accommodation in Hotel los Helechos.
• Meal plan: lunch and dinner on the first day, breakfast and lunch the second day. Cocktail in Trinidad.
Not included in price
• Other meals and drinks
• Pack warmer clothes as the temperature in the mountains will be cooler, especially at night and in the morning. Pack also a swimsuit, sturdy footwear (and a pair of extra, i.e. dry shoes) as well as appropriate clothing for the trek.
• Please don’t forget your passport (required at hotel check-in).
• Normal physical fitness is required to participate in the hiking portion of this excursion.
• The sequence of this tour can be modified as local conditions will lead to this (such as eg closure of museums, roadworks).
Private or group excursion
This excursion can be booked as a groups excursion (shared with international visitors, and on predetermined departure days and times), as well as on a private and exclusive base (with flexible departure days and times).
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made within 48 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Pick-up schedule group excursion
The exact pick-up time depends on the location of your hotel (and city district) along the route. To avoid an unnecessary wait, please check the schedule below which indicates pick-up times from specific locations. You will be collected within the designated time window, with a possible time range from 15 minutes (due to e.g. traffic conditions). Please be ready in the lobby at the indicated time and in possession of your printed voucher. The guide of the operator in question will identify him/herself in the lobby. If in doubt, do not hesitate to contact our representatives; you’ll find their telephone numbers on the voucher.
Departure from hotels located in city district:
07.00am - Habana Vieja (Old Havana)
06.45am - Vedado
06.30am - Miramar
Documents required for this excursion
• Valid and original (no copy) ID (passport).
• Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule in case of group excursions), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.