Hemingway lived in Cuba on and off for 20 years. His house, "Finca Vigia", was where he wrote (among others) his novel "The Old Man and the Sea", for which he received the Pulitzer Prize in 1953. A year later he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for his body of work. When receiving the Prize, Hemingway declared that the prize belonged not to him, but to Cuba. Indeed: he gifted the medal to Cuba upon receiving it. [more]
Included in price
• Transport in air-conditioned taxi or (mini) bus.
• Program according description.
• Professional multilingual guide.
• Cocktail and lunch in restaurant Las Terrazas - Cojimar.
Not included in price
• Other consumptions
• In case of cancellation up to 48 hours before the departure time of the excursion, a penalty of 10% of the excursion fare will be charged.
• Regarding cancellations made within 48 hours before the departure time and No-Show (no presentation at departure time), a penalty of 50% of the excursion fare will be applied.
*Remark: booking fees and credit card surcharges cannot be refunded in case of cancellation.
Private or group excursion?
This excursion can be booked as a groups excursion (shared with international visitors, and on predetermined departure days and times), as well as on a private and exclusive base (with flexible departure days and times).
Documents required for this excursion
• Printed voucher (with pick-up schedule in case of group excursions), sent by Cuba Travel Network after having completed booking and payment procedure.
• It is recommended to carry a photocopy of your passport with you.